You can type here any text you want

Knock Sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Does a bad knock sensor or bad connection to it cause a no spark condition ?

Still can't get my car to fire and I am trying to isolate the problem. Could this also be a bad ECM ???

Knock sensor won't cause a no start. Bad ECM can. Any codes? Check engine light on with key on engine off? Code 12? Wish I could be more help.

no codes....no check engine light

I wish you could too....this POS is starting to get me real fired up.....GGGRRRRR

I dont wanna insult your intelligence..but is the ECM power wire hooked up?

I cant tell you how many times that I have disconnected it to clear the codes..and forgot to put it back together :)

I get so mad at it till someone mentions if they are connected...then its all good :)

No insult whatsoever...

I got it connected...and I even went so far as to probe the wire for power on either side of the connection.....all good.

Slow 85 - I'll have a look there...at the gnttype site - see if that helps me...but for right now I have ordered a new cam sensor from GM. Unless anyone want to chime in and sell me a used one...? Mike @ M+M ???

I assume that the SES light comes on when the ignition is turned on right?

I know your probably fed up by now....I know I have be there. Take a day and sit back - breathe it is important.

If you were closer I'd come over for a weekend and help ya out.......but your almost to NY

Nocooler

I am definitely annoyed now....Nocooler...I don't have the SES light come on when I turn the key to "ON" or "START". Does this mean something ? I have checked power to ECM and it is good on both sides of the connection near the battery.

Is the light supposed to come on ?

Bad ECM ?

I was thinking it might be my crank sensor too....the link that SLOW_85 gave shows at the bottom of the service manual page that the sensor must be gapped at .025 to the ring on the harmonic balancer...the sensor is new and I dont think it was gapped properly when it was installed.

Thanks SLOW_85 for the post on the sensor for sale !

SLOW_85

I tried those liks (thanks !) but it says...not available...hmmmm
Got um right ?

TIA

That light is important....I'd say you have no power to the ecm or a bad ecm.....If you want to try an ecm e-mail me I have a good one laying around.

Check the bulb first. :)

Sometimes previous owners people pull them (or they burn out) because the Check Engine light is on.

More trouble

So I have no SES light upon key "ON" . I will check the bulb (good idea) then I will assume if it is good that I have a bad ECM. I get all the other idiot lights but the SES light.

I have power to it though...checked that hoping it was a fuseable link.

You probably already did but just in case don't forget to check the fuses in the fuse box(2 I think).

Back