Knock?

TireFryer

The New Kid
It's me... the son...

I drove my tr yesterday, and i got on it, it spun the tires and it hit the redline. I recalled the scanmaster and it said 9 degrees of timing retard. Then i drove it normal and eventually got on it and I saw 9 again at the 2-3 shift then went back to .8... Am i running out of fuel and going lean? I have a bigger pump but haven't dropped the tank yet. The scanmaster says 17 psi of boost... I'm only seeing it at the 2-3 shift otherwise its like .2-1.9

Thanks, J

You are looking for trouble, knock will end up costing you a rebuild. Check fuel pressure , injectors, strong enough spark, timing , chip and put in the larger fuel pump before beating on it. It is better to be slower than having downtime and opening your bank account.

what is your combo. whats the fuel , what intercooler , alky inj?

scanmaster says 17?..whats your setup ..chip ?powerlogger? , xfi ? ecugn ? that you see boost on scanmaster

what is your combo. whats the fuel , what intercooler , alky inj?

scanmaster says 17?..whats your setup ..chip ?powerlogger? , xfi ? ecugn ? that you see boost on scanmaster
Unknown Chip, rebuild stock turbo, stock injectors, fuel pump hotwire kit, LS1 MAF with Translator, stock ECU, Powerlogger, SM2.2, motor rebuilt circa 1998 by Mike Litch with probably 206/206 cam (not sure since no documentation), .020 JE pistons

Mods lined up to be installed:
60# injectors, DW300 fuel pump, 62mm TB and matched plenum, RJC power plate, Champion ported iron heads, Champion ported intake manifold, KB AFPR, 10" 3500 stall NLU converter, Cotton's Stretch SLIC, 3" Gbody DP, PLX WB kit, KB Headers, PTE 6776 P-trim (journal), Alky kit, TT6.1 Alky chip... I might be forgetting a few things ;)