You can type here any text you want

KPA Convresions

• Thread starter Thread starter rightonjoe
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
R

rightonjoe

I would like to convert from KPA to inches of vaccum . I think I have a problen. My vaccum gage will go to zero but the kpa will only dip to 91 kpa

I think this is what you want, to convert KiloPascals to Pounds/sq.inch you multiply .1450 to the KPA to get pounds/sq inch.

I hope that helps

If you want inches of mercury (vacuum), use this formula:

in Hg(vac) = 29.92 - (kPa reading) x 0.2953

So your 91 kPa would be =

29.92 - 91 x 0.2953 = 29.92 - 26.87 = 3.05"Hg vacuum

That's only 3" of vacuum.

This is assuming you are at sea level, where the atmospheric pressure is 29.92"Hg. If you are at a higher elevation you need to change the 29.92 to whatever the local atm pressure is.

In El Paso for example, you might use 26 instead of 29.92, and you would actually have a slight positive manifold pressure with 91 kPa rather than a vacuum.

Just one of the things to remember when talking gauge pressure instead of absolute.

John Estill

Originally posted by NastyGn
I think this is what you want, to convert KiloPascals to Pounds/sq.inch you multiply .1450 to the KPA to get pounds/sq inch.

I hope that helps

I think I'm missing something.

key off, kpa=100

multiply 100 x .1450 = 14.5 psi?

Not trying to be a smart a$$. I am trying to figure this out for myself.

Any help?

When looking in the VE tables, I really want to know what boost I'm at, since I don't have a kpa guage.

What is the conversion table for conversions?

Just put MAP(PSI) on your dashboard. Talking absolute pressure, 100 kpa is 0 in/Hg or 0 psi. 200 kpa is 14.5 psi and 300 kpa is 29 psi. So figure out how many rows you have between the two, whether you are running a 2 bar or 3 bar MAP sensor, and divide it into the corresponding number. It is hard to be accurate but it will give you a general idea. But like I said first it is easier to put MAP(psi) on the dashboard so you don't have to do all these calculations in your head while you are trying to tune the car.

I converted the dashboard to kpa and psi maps. I only wondered because I have existing datalogs with kpa, but future ones will not be a issue from now on.

What is the maximum # of sensors I can datalog at one time?

I believe it is 8.

I would put the thing on the car but It is not here at my house, so my time is limited for toying on-line.

Yes the Dos version of Calcom you are correct 8 is the max number of channels you can record the WP version you can record up to 14.

Good Luck

Neal

Back