l/u or non l/u..

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
yes I know that the non l/u is like pushing in the clutch partially on a manual tranny. But, on my GN with the foced lock up at WOT setting on the chip vs. the not foced lock up setting on my thumbwheel.
When the car gets traction after spinning in first with the forced l/u it grabs and falls on it's face slighly then starts pulling. But without the foced l/u it pulls like a scalded ape.

Torque multiplier with a positive fin angle non l/u conv
against a reg lock up.

Feedback please.

I talked to Art Carr (himnself) on the phone and he is pro non l/u due to the positive fin angle on his conv.
Thanx

we like em too as more efficient stators inour pieces provide more torque multiplication down stairs and close to 95 %efficiency at the hui end .cars with more gear tend to respond will less sitting on their balls feeling when locked up .also the liter weight of a 2004r convertor without a disk (no lock up )revs better and requires less horsepower to drive .we have ran harder unlocked with race prepped gns than locked .horsepower after all is directly related to the engines ability to gain RPM .WWW.CKPERFORMANCE.COM

l/u v/s non

You asked the never ending question! I would think you would need to be more careful in choosing the stall in a non l/u so it wont be too "loose" and loose on big end. With the l/up you could be a little loose but the lock up would take care of that. I have friends that swear one or the other is better. Do a lot of research and talk to everyone on here.
I am in the same quandry as you,deciding on 12" l/up,9"non,9X11,etc.:D

input

Look at my sig. I was running a 12" l/up that stalls 2500 on foot brake/no boost on 225/60 radials. I think it stalled 2800 with 5-6psi. Drove around like a stock one till you put your foot in it. If you are staying close to stock and dont want to lay out a lot of cash get a loosened D5. I'm gonna get a 9X11 or a 9" non/lock.