You can type here any text you want

'Late 80s/early 90s 5.0 'Vert!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JayLashua

Possibly manual.. by the way the car sounded when he gunned it.. had nice exhaust on it.. sounded killer (love the way them 5.0s sound... )

Anyhow, to the kill!

I was driving home from a band practice, so i had everything in my car, my 60 pound amp in the trunk, plus all my tools (probably 30-40 pounds there), guitar, empty bag of chips.. soda cans.. ok so anyhow.. :D

I get to the left turn lane from the main highway onto a 2-lane straight road abot 1/2 mile long.. and low and behold, sitting first at the light is this late model fox body mustang coupe.. as I got closer, I noticed its exhaust and thought for sure something would go down... so almost anticipating the race, I put it in L and waited for what seemed to be forever for the damn light to turn..

moments later..

The light turns green, I normally accelerate, and go for the right lane since he stayed in the left.. I get to his bumper and shift into 2 (didnt want the car to seem loud as if i WANTED to race him.. ;)) ..

HE GUNS IT..

I GUN IT!
I pull up... car goes into 3rd and is still pulling strong.. (or so i thought) and my front bumper is just INCHES ahead of his front bumper now.. and HES NOT MOVING... at about 60 he shut down..

Mind you now, this is the *FIRST* kill i've ever officially had with my GN in its 2 years or so.. so I had a huge sh!t-eating grin!

I slowed down to see if he wanted to go again, gassed it a bit and pt a car length or so.. but he did not bite.. instead he just sat WAY back there doing what seemed about 30 mph (in a 45!) ..

Talk about embarassment ;)

Cocky bastard he was..

this must be the train of thought..

"I'm in a mustang.. ho ho ho"

"Here comes a monte carlo! ha ha ha! *mash accelerator*"

":mad: WTF! IT PULLED PAST ME. :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: "

"Well.. I lost.. better hang back so he doesnt have a chance to see my embarassed face.. even though he'll probably be a good sport about it anyhow.."

;)

When I went to the track a 5.0 vert auto that was stock ran a 17.something. The vert ones are sloooooow. Her boyfriend had a manual 5.0 w/ exhaust work starting at the headers and going all the way back, and ran an easy 14.3 on radials. hardtop is a decent kill, dunno if I'd brag about killing a vert 5.slow. Who knows though, maybe hers was busted or just plain tired.

Back