You can type here any text you want

Late 80's OEM refurbished delco radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GlockandRoll

Has anyone tried one of these that was trying to keep a factory look?

AM/FM/CD: GM VEHICLES LATE 80 MID 90. REFURBISH

gmcd90.jpg

Just a thought?

Yes Sir

Not that exact one.
I went for the one that looks even more factory ;)

Used factory knobs too.

radio.jpg

Matt

Another option:

Factory radio with input for mp3 player.

Cd's will sooner or later be a thing of the past.

Attachments

• radio.jpg
    radio.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 295
That would be the one. ;)

You can use your stock knobs if you shave the back side of the chrome ones.

Matt

I need to save up for that unit. Thats the best tastefull audio upgrade I have seen. I hate my old alpine unit in my car now. Thanks for the information.

Yeah, that would work pretty well w/my idea for a stealth system.... Hmm... thanks for showing me that!!!

Yeah, that would work pretty well w/my idea for a stealth system.... Hmm... thanks for showing me that!!!

Your welcome.:biggrin:

I was going for the stealth look too. Head unit goes to line out converters, then to amps, which then power components in the doors ( not visible ) 6x9's in the rear deck and a 10" jl audio sub in trunk. It's not gonna win any competitions but it sounds alot better than stock.

Matt

As soon as I can get you guys to stop putting tweeters behind your ears, you may start winning some competitions w/a little tweaking/tuning!
:)

As soon as I can get you guys to stop putting tweeters behind your ears, you may start winning some competitions w/a little tweaking/tuning!
:)

Dont worry, no tweets. 6X9's are crossed over low, act more like a mid bass. In fact you can't even tell they are there unless you sit in back, but add just enough to fill in where the sub leaves off.

Matt

PERFECT!

I've seen guys make great mid-bass/rear-fill w/6x9's in the g-body before.
Which, considering how difficult it is to put 6.5"s in the door or kicks, I may just do!

Back