You can type here any text you want

Latest dyno numbers! sheet and combo inside

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

slimtastic

yea dude...I rock
hey this saturday i decided to change plugs to a super tight gap(.020) and see what i could pull off with my combination. this is what i got on 19.5-20 lbs. the injectors that i have go 100% duty cycle just about the whole run, this dyno pull was at 11.3-11.5 afr the whole time but max power on my combo is made at 11.0-11.1. i thought 57 lbs could take me further :confused::confused: any thoughts? do you think they are even 57 lbs?

this is my "corrected" dyno number

jaxcgh.jpg

non lock up 3000 10.5 converter
Journal bearing PTE billet 6262 .63 back side
pte front mount
57 lbs injectors (i think)
160 thermostat (that opens whenever it F#%king wants to)
atr driver side header and stock pass side (minus external WG)
thdp 3"
tial external wg 44mm
rjc powerplate
212-212 cam (recently verified)
dead stock valvetrain other than cam
dead stock heads (minus valve springs)
dead stock intake manifold
dead stock upper and TB
short block is unknown,(id guess a rebuild with .030 overs thats it)
tuned on a Big Stuff 3 by myself

my next mod is to put my 120 lbs injectors in and get some good fueling but after that, do you think a .83 A/r would help? what about a custom 3.5 downpipe?

id really like to tweak the "longblock combo" i have right now on pump gas

my next mod is to put my 120 lbs injectors in and get some good fueling but after that, do you think a .83 A/r would help? what about a custom 3.5 downpipe?

id really like to tweak the "longblock combo" i have right now on pump gas

Verify what injectors you have. What pump do you have??

No need to change the DP or exhaust housing what you need are ported heads and intake once you have enough fuel.

not sure what the pump is but its not dropping fuel pressure at wot/redline so whatever is in there it seems to be working lol

even if i verify the injector size, ill still need to upgrade regaurdless. has anyone ever back to back dynoed different housings or different downpipes?

it just seems to me that a lower backpressure (bigger A/r) exhaust housing could only help in producing HP, am i wrong? :confused:

not sure what the pump is but its not dropping fuel pressure at wot/redline so whatever is in there it seems to be working lol

even if i verify the injector size, ill still need to upgrade regaurdless. has anyone ever back to back dynoed different housings or different downpipes?

it just seems to me that a lower backpressure (bigger A/r) exhaust housing could only help in producing HP, am i wrong? :confused:

Verify the injector size because A. I would think it would affect your big stuff tune and B. you will know if you are out of injector or you need to look for a problem somewhere else and C. you may not have to upgrade if they are already big enough.

And yes you could be wrong on the housing, it's also possible that it will slow spool up and not improve HP...Either way it's not what's holding you back at this time.

Id bet you wouldnt gain any horsepower below 5500 with the .85 and if any a couple above that. It will spool slower. Id figure out the fueling and continue cranking it up.

You would think that but at your level there isnt much backpressure

Id bet you wouldnt gain any horsepower below 5500 with the .85 and if any a couple above that. It will spool slower. Id figure out the fueling and continue cranking it up.

so an .85 housing would only help if i was spining the motor higher or shoving more boost pressure through it?

Your BS tune should let you know if they are really 57# injectors. If you have the wrong injector size in the program it will give you wacky VE numbers.
Those injectors should be able to put down another 150 rwhp unless your convertor is junk.

Your BS tune should let you know if they are really 57# injectors. If you have the wrong injector size in the program it will give you wacky VE numbers.
Those injectors should be able to put down another 150 rwhp unless your convertor is junk.

the "ve" numbers i have done seem out of line, ill post up the part number when i remove the injectors tomorrow

the injectors that i pulled out of my car are siemens injectors and have a 3172 on the side of them. any ideas?

To me it looks like the spool is a little slow. Shouldnt you be at full boost by 3500-4000rpm? I wouldnt change the turbine housing.

And those 57's should be good for over 500rwhp. Might have them sonic cleaned and flow matched if they have a lot of use on them.

To me it looks like the spool is a little slow. Shouldnt you be at full boost by 3500-4000rpm? I wouldnt change the turbine housing.

And those 57's should be good for over 500rwhp. Might have them sonic cleaned and flow matched if they have a lot of use on them.

right you are, but its not because of "slow spool" i started the run after 3500 rpm because my tranny will downshift from third to second at anything under 3500. so for all real world drivability and torque, i cant get a dyno of that :(

dont worry though, the turbo spools at about 3000 rpm and kills radials rather quick :cool:

oh and i pulled out the 57's and switched to 120s for the possibility of e-85. ill post up another dyno pull if the 120's make a difference

I put together a car and dynoed it yesterday,similiar combo (same cam)
ported Champion Irons and intake.
At 22#s it made 545 but with the chip and 50#ers I was running out of
fuel (high 11s a/f ratio).
New chip on the way and will redyno.

For comparison sake, before the heads,cam,intake, It made 398 at 28#s.

This is on an unopened stock short block.

right you are, but its not because of "slow spool" i started the run after 3500 rpm because my tranny will downshift from third to second at anything under 3500. so for all real world drivability and torque, i cant get a dyno of that :(

dont worry though, the turbo spools at about 3000 rpm and kills radials rather quick :cool:

oh and i pulled out the 57's and switched to 120s for the possibility of e-85. ill post up another dyno pull if the 120's make a difference

Where are you getting the 120's?

Just a thought...
The 99 grand marquis alchol injection model come stock with bosch 160lb injectors which equate to roughlly 1680cc, enough to support over 1000rwhp with e-85 injection.

part #'s are
cm4936---ford motorcraft
0280150846---bosch
74160---accel
57770---bwd borg warner

These run around $55 a peice compared to $100 an injector for other 1600cc injectors.

wow sounds like i need to install my big valve ported heads and matching intake ASAP lol

Where are you getting the 120's?

i had the injectors brand new from an older 2jz build that fell through.

hey what kind of fuel were your dyno pulls of that car on?

Back