You can type here any text you want

Leaking external wastegate?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey guys I’ve been trying to find a small exhaust leake for awhile now and I tried the smoke in the exhaust from the tail pipe and I found smoke coming from my external wastegate in my crossover pipe. I’ve been having trouble wither the car running rough and feeling like it has a miss and not making boost as it should I’m wondering if this my problem

2 comments:
1. The leaking gate would/could cause the low boost.
2. The wg has no place on an X over pipe.

This is where it was when I got the car . Car will run rough sometimes and run great other times I wondering if this is the source of my problems. Where is the proper place for the gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why on number 2?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The flow from 1-3-5 goes toward the gate, 2-4-6 is past the gate, and does not reverse itself to exit.
OP, I would remove the gate, block the port, and move it to just below the turbo.

This is where it was when I got the car . Car will run rough sometimes and run great other times I wondering if this is the source of my problems. Where is the proper place for the gate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see you have a FAST system. Have you data logs showing the problem?
Maybe post the tune and logs, and someone can look at them?

Why on number 2?

The flow from 1-3-5 goes toward the gate, 2-4-6 is past the gate, and does not reverse itself to exit.
OP, I would remove the gate, block the port, and move it to just below the turbo.
Ok? Still not sure why thats a issue? Bleeding off exhaust from 3 cylinder is more than enough for boost control

Back