You can type here any text you want

Leaking head gaskets

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dis614

I had my engine rebuilt by local engine shop champion alum. heads finally got car back together did a frame off to much time and money just fired it up not even a road test head gaskets leaking coolant on both sides machinist on vacation cant wait for him to get back see if he "s gonna stand behind his work

Which headgaskets are you using? Its not uncommon for cometics to leak coolant. Usually a few heat cycles and some GM stop leak pills will stop the leakage.

Not sure what gaskets he used but i can see from the side they are multi layered

Make sure it's not coming through the head studs/bolts, they do go into the water jackets & require a sealant. If that is the case you will have coolant in the oil. If it's just a couple drips from the gaskets themselves the gm coolant seal tabs may do the trick. Good luck

Spoke to engine builder today he said after couple of heat cycles it should be fine
The gaskets are cometics

Back