You can type here any text you want

leaving with more boost on the street

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j-6

How can I leave with about 10-12 lbs on the street I have tried using the E-brake but the car seems to spin, I have Mickey Thompson Drag slicks on my car, but I also have air bags at the back (driver side 5lbs,passenger side 15lbs) do I need to do away with the bags or drop some of the air to hook with more boost with the E-brake,or what do I need to do.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Get it to hook with current launching boost, if it spins now then raising the boost will make it worse.

I'd advise against the ebrake launches, the backing plates will bend when doing this.

Larger wheel cyl in the back will help the higher boost launches but will lock up the rear tires during quick stops on the street or in the rain.

Transbrake is the best way.

What is the current psi inteh rear tires?

How about a sneaky spray system that puts down some VHT.;)

There are many variables. Is this concrete or asphalt? Are you using VHT trackbite? Are you street racing, or just want better launches from the stoplight? How are your 60fts at the track? What size tire and rim? Any other suspension work or just what you mentioned?

leaving with more boost

Yeah I have 26x10 with 10psi on both sides I havent tried the VHT yet but a old buick guy told me that would help a lot.

Yeah I have 26x10 with 10psi on both sides I havent tried the VHT yet but a old buick guy told me that would help a lot.

You need more than 10psi! Try 14-16 and work down from there. VHT is a must on the street, especially asphalt.

j6 I run an airbag in the pass. set at 8-12lbs. no bag in drivers, I set air press. at 18 20psi. in tires 26x10.5 ET street drags, rear control arms boxed, on stock susp. w/ S10 manual brake wheel cylinders w/ softbrake shoes. I can leave on the street at 16lbs of boost car lifts an takes off w/ no twist an stays strait, at the track I can only hold 5psi boost before front tires start to slide through the traps, yes I need a trans brake...

I can leave on the street at 16lbs of boost car lifts an takes off w/ no twist an stays strait, at the track I can only hold 5psi boost before front tires start to slide through the traps, yes I need a trans brake...

That oddity is easy to explain assuming you're not running a line lock.

Without a line lock, at the track, doing your burnouts builds a LOT of heat in the rear shoes.
This heat in the rear shoes DRAMATIALLY reduces their holdiing power.

Back