You can type here any text you want

left a rag in the engine

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just fired up tonight. Seems to idle pretty good. It was getting late so didn't get a chance to take it out. Pulls a solid 15in of vacuum at hot idle which it has never done. Couldn't find any leaks. Kind of a blessing in disguise really. The heads have had bronze inserts put in and one of them fell out. Got new viton seals put on the intake, surfaces checked, and new springs put on. Shop said the heads are good to go. Also had a little port work done on them previously. I was going to have them do more but there was a 2 week wait minimum just to get started. He also said I'd be better off bringing in a set of virgin heads to have a fresh start, which I agreed with so I just had them freshened and threw them back on. Also found that the tensioner had a busted ear, a bad pulley that was on backwards and shimmed with plain washers, and an alternator with bad bearings. Still got an exhaust leak or something going on. I'll check into that a little tomorrow. Oil psi looked good. Fan turned on when it supposed to so the coolant had to be flowing through the engine. Sounds better than it ever has. Going to take it out tomorrow after I do a fluid top off and hopefully everything is ok. I swear if I didn't have issues with this thing it would just mean I didn't have one lol

Well I noticed nobody razzed ya o_O because if you have been playing in this hobby for any length of time things like this have happened to all of us:eek: Been there done that and have the t-shirt:p

Yeah I thought for sure the flame thrower would have been out on this one. Makes you wonder if it's happened to a lot more people lol!

I remember the first time I put an engine together double and triple checking everything looking for rags before buttoning it up.
Then after it was all together I kept doubting myself and almost took it apart. Good thing I didn't. All was well.

D

For those that know the 3 Stooges; Tool? What tools? The tools you've been using for the last ten years. Oh, those tools...

I hate this pile of shit. smokin like a train at idle. wtf. I'm gonna pull the up pipe and see if it's wet, which it shouldn't be the turbo since bison just rebuilt it last year. It still has the original pcv. Hopeing that's what it is, pulling oil through the valve more since it's pulling 2in more vacuum at idle

Pull the down pipe and take a look see
Just in case. ;)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Doesn't seem to have any shaft play. What the hell would cause the seals to shit out? Drove the car all last weekend with no issues.

Back