You can type here any text you want

Left stock, driven mildly, DEPENDABLE????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Project TNX

Making arrangements to buy a low mileage stock Typhoon. I plan on leaving it 99% stock and never dogging it, but surely getting into it from a roll here and there (or else why bother buying it). Think I can expect as trouble free of a car as anything else out there??

I would say yes. The only thing that is prone to need an eye kept on is the cap and rotor. My sy will go through a set in 10,000 miles. But then I had mine set on kill all the time pt61, 26psi and alki. Lasted 138,000 miles of me beating the crap out of it.

I would say yes. The only thing that is prone to need an eye kept on is the cap and rotor. My sy will go through a set in 10,000 miles. But then I had mine set on kill all the time pt61, 26psi and alki. Lasted 138,000 miles of me beating the crap out of it.

Hmm, now the question is whether I could resist not modding it, I failed miserably on my T-type, lol.

If I didn't need to download 3 cars I already own I would buy one in my area tomorrow, I need to get busy. My Twin Turbo Stealth and beater pick up should sell quickly I think.

Hmm, now the question is whether I could resist not modding it, I failed miserably on my T-type, lol.

If I didn't need to download 3 cars I already own I would buy one in my area tomorrow, I need to get busy. My Twin Turbo Stealth and beater pick up should sell quickly I think.

I would love to find a mostly stock Typhoon for $5 to 7k as my reliable daily driver.

Right before I bought my TTA I missed out on one that the guy sold for $6,000. It had 60,000 miles, and the guy asked so little because it had a lifter tick, and he thought the motor needed to be rebuilt. I was really upset I missed out, but I wouldn't have bought my TTA, so it worked out.

Usually the ones FS for $5-7K aren't the most reliable.

Yeah, I was looking at the 15-17k range but I backed myself down for 2 reasons:

-MPG, I never thought a vehicles mpg would stop me from purchasing a car, but at 17 mpg (tops, most say 14) for 140 miles per day, with 93 octane is almost a car payment in and of its self.

-Having owned multiple S-10's, even the nice ones all looked like the dash was falling apart, just like every other one I ever had.

I just don't want another project, so I went to Autotrader.com and punched in all my favorite cars and I was pleasantly surprised with how Thunderbird SC's have depreciated, so I think I'm going in that direction. Still have the 93 octane issue, but they get a hell of a lot better mileage.

Back