Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. I don't care if Len isn't a vendor here, or if he owns ths board.

But hopefully vendors will see this and be reminded that they aren't going to get away with screwing someone over like this.

This ordeal is making its way around the country....C'mon Len, man up and give one of us a call....

Hey, maybe this is a good place to ask if you guys could take care of a bill at Zimmerman Racing from August 10, 2006 for the valve springs that were shipped 2nd day air?

I have the invoice and e-mail in front of me, so this is not a BS comment. Just would like to clear this up.

This ordeal is making its way around the country....C'mon Len, man up and give one of us a call....

Hey, maybe this is a good place to ask if you guys could take care of a bill at Zimmerman Racing from August 10, 2006 for the valve springs that were shipped 2nd day air?

I have the invoice and e-mail in front of me, so this is not a BS comment. Just would like to clear this up.
\

Not really, Nick. You could have sent a PM. I paid that long ago. I sent you a check.

I have no idea....

Of what has been going on. My health issues have been unreal. But someone tipped me off to this thread. I am having a tough time right now health wise so if my typing is not all that great , please excuse it.
This type of thread is the reason I have been laying back, quiet , not saying much and am pretty much fed up with the industry.
This issue is between the two parties involved. The more people putting their two cents in just adds fuel to the fire.
No matter what took place at this point, it is STILL between them. I understand it is frustrating to not be able to get ahold of everybody, like I have been down for the last 7 days due to a surgery, then a antibiotic reaction and two broken ribs. However, I tried to have Adam answer anybody he could and when I felt sort of better I would try to get back to everybody. whoever could not get a hold of me lately , I apologize and now you know why.
I should have been on this in the beginning but like I said, I have been down.
Len has always been a stand up guy. There are always three sides to every story.
I just want everyone to know that I am no way involved in this and do not want to be. I also believe that going to the board might not have been the best thing to do. For all we know he may be ill or have some personal problems.
I agree with Shane. Let the two parties work it out and everybody else stay out of it.
I only know one party involved here and I am not out to demean anybody or to "jump on the Len is a good guy train" ,but I will say that I have seen that man (len) stay up all night, help guys out that nobody else would ever do. I have seen him give parts to guys in need right off his own car. For him to just shine the party involved just doesn't fit his philosphy or past actions. He has ALWAYS been there for the guy in need. Something here doesn't add up and I have not seen why or where. But there must be a reason. I suggest that we let the two parties work it out and the rest stay out of it. Take it for what it is worth, but those are my feelings.
Times are very tough out there right now and nobody knows, but Len what is up. There may be a problem in Len's life right now he may not want to share with the public right now. I do not know. What I do know is the only people who should be involved in this right now is the two parties involved. PERIOD!

Good luck to both of you working this out and I am sorry for not being around much, but my health right now is number 1. And it is not real good right now.

I will say that in the Turbobuick community, we cannot afford to lose any more vendors or people who participate , but things like this is what turns off most business'. It is hard enough right now with the economy and such, that it is patience trying every day. Ask any of the Trans gurus. Mike Kurtz, Chris, Lonnie, Don Wang, Vince Janis, Brian Hofer, or I. Prices are going up and business is going down. The economy is horrible right now and alot of people are scared and worried. That is all I can say.
Good luck in working this out.

Bruce
We4
ww.PTSXTREME.com

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate your input.

Trust me, I tried to resolve this any other way possible. If it was a health issue then whoever was answering the phone could have told me why he was not getting back to me. But I felt I was getting intentionally put off and dismissed.

If there was a reason for this Len knows I would have understood. But the bottom line is ~$2500 was paid for a transmission full of stock and stock defective parts. You just don't do this, whatever the circumstances. I understand not getting back to somebody because of a health reason. But I did not just get left hanging on customer service. I got ripped off, plain and simple.

RECAP:

"Yeah, I'll fix it, send it in."
Then, a few weeks of "He's not here. He doesn't work here. We can't help you"
Then, PM's, and a thread giving him one last shot at something.
Then, I have Mike Kurtz build it, and he shows me what's in it.
Now....... this.

I see your point trust me,

But, it just does not fit the norm. Something is really odd here. I don't know what, but it will turn out to be weird. It just does not seem like Len is all I am saying.
Not that you are wrong or have been wronged, but it just does not fit his past or personality.
I hope you understand I am not on either side of the fence here, just outside looking in.
I hope you understand this.
Good luck.

Bruce
We4

I am baffled as well. What I don't get is I talked to him a few times after it was built. I mean, if he ended up in a position that took his time away from the shop and some flunkie did it to pick up the workload then that would make more sense. I don't understand how someone could build a trans like this for a car that makes decent power. I was told it was like it was built for high 12's at best, not considering the crack in the carrier and bored out stator shaft.

I am glad I had someone else check it as I don't think I have the patience to do this again. I just wish it did not cost me ~$3000. But it works great. I just want to be reimbursed for what should have been done before.

Sorry to hear about your health woes, Bruce. Get well soon.

Well, it is partially "BS" in that the transaction you are referring to had absolutely NOTHING to do with myself (in reference to your "you guys" comment) and is totally irrelevant to the original thread topic. Also, your post is unappreciated as it is obviously a blatant attempt to discredit both our credibility and thus cast doubt on the overall validity of this thread.....

What I do know is the only people who should be involved in this right now is the two parties involved. PERIOD!

I'd respectfully disagree. The two affected parties here have gone well beyond what anyone would consider fair efforts to reach Len and settle this privately.

When one party is unreachable and non-responsive and several thousand dollars are on the table it doesn't seem inappropriate to reach out to other enthusiasts both for help in making contact, and as a way of applying pressure to resolve the situation.

The power of information, particularly when presented fairly as it has here, can do a tremendous amount of good. Our nations' framers recognized this and it's one of the core strengths behind forums such as these. As long as other parties here are offering their feedback in a fair and civil way (as has largely been the case), it only provides an additional incentive for the party in question to make contact OR or have someone close to them to reach out and let them know that there's an issue.

We're all adults here and should be able and trusted to judge for ourselves what is credible and what isn't. This situation, in my judgment, is one that deserves wider attention and I've posted accordingly.

I've been a member here for nearly as long as the site has been around and this is the first time I've ever posted to a thread like this. Given the circumstances and my knowledge of the parties involved (including, sadly, Len's prior outstanding track record) I'd be hard pressed to be convinced that doing posting here and elsewhere was anything other than acting in the best interest of the Buick community. And I actively encourage others to do so.

With this, I feel like I've said my peace and this will be my last post to this thread.

Good luck to all!
Scott

The power of information, particularly when presented fairly as it has here, can do a tremendous amount of good. Our nations' framers recognized this and it's one of the core strengths behind forums such as these. As long as other parties here are offering their feedback in a fair and civil way (as has largely been the case), it only provides an additional incentive for the party in question to make contact OR or have someone close to them to reach out and let them know that there's an issue.

We're all adults here and should be able and trusted to judge for ourselves what is credible and what isn't. This situation, in my judgment, is one that deserves wider attention and I've posted accordingly.

Scott

Thanks Scott. Could not have worded it better myself.

Took me awhile to read but Im up to speed.:biggrin: Only thing I wanted to add is that if Len was sick, or ill (God forbid) or had personal issues then I dont see anything wrong with lady who answered the phone say "Len is unavailable due to personal issues" or whatever the case maybe but instead they said "He doesnt work here anymore" thats shady.

And last thing, Highly Recommend Don Wang @ DRW Transmission in Santee (San Diego) area. Im done.:D

Very elocuent/diplomatic slap in the face...

Well, it is partially "BS" in that the transaction you are referring to had absolutely NOTHING to do with myself (in reference to your "you guys" comment) and is totally irrelevant to the original thread topic. Also, your post is unappreciated as it is obviously a blatant attempt to discredit both our credibility and thus cast doubt on the overall validity of this thread.....

Somebody just got whipped! :eek:

This is odd. :frown: I have had nothing but good luck and great service with Len and his transmissions. I'm sorry this has happened to you Stu. There must be some sort of an explanation to all this. :confused:

I don't know I'm staying out of this.

You two punks gonna have your cars back together and ready to kill some Fords by the end of the month? John you get that motor built for yours?

I am in the middle of fixing a busted trans myself, I understand the frustration but not the $2500 missing from the wallet for nothing. I hope Len gets this straightened out, he is not the person I would have thought would pull something like this.

Len seems like a stand up guy to me, hopefully this all gets worked out.
last i heard, he hurt his back not to long ago and had to take some time off work. took me about a week to get ahold of him, but i did.

Len seems like a stand up guy to me, hopefully this all gets worked out.
last i heard, he hurt his back not to long ago and had to take some time off work. took me about a week to get ahold of him, but i did.

Thanks, I hope it does too. If it was something like that I would understand. I know all about back pain.

But it was what I found in the trans, and feeling like I was being avoided and lied to that made me :mad: :mad: :mad: .

Thanks, I hope it does too. If it was something like that I would understand. I know all about back pain.

But it was what I found in the trans, and feeling like I was being avoided and lied to that made me :mad: :mad: :mad: .

As an outsider looking in i find the lack of communication or any offer to resolve the problem disturbing. It makes you wonder if this is an isolated case against 1 person for unknown reasons or are there other high dollar time bombs waiting to go off?? Good luck to all involved parties & i hope a fair resolution can be found.

I dont know what you were told was gonna be in the trans for HD or Billet parts,But at 2500(did that include shipping to Texas?) I dont think any builder here would do a full billet all roller trans for that kind of money,But i could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.