Len Freeman, is this how you treat your customers? long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a friend then you should not take offense... From Dictionary.com

Crony –noun, plural -nies. a close friend or companion; chum. :biggrin:
I guess I should check next time,I thougt that was a derogatory comment

Ah well, still a good point Otto. Almost as relevant as you telling me WHAT A GOOD DEAL I GOT FOR $2500.

*Insert rotflmao smilie*

I went and took a look at the parts that came out of this transmission, and like Disco Stu said, they were the worst ive seen. The tranny had a just a few passes and a little street time, yet the clutches for the direct (im assuming direct, if they were forwards then there was even a bigger issue) were down to metal. I have only seen one tranny ever had any clutches that were down to metal and that was a very high mile tranny and it was the low reverse clutches that had the issue. Even the ODs were burnt beyond belief and it never even saw a WOT shift into OD. Ill take some pics of the parts this week when i get back to Johns shop. The stock forward drum was cracked down the splines as well.

This is worth reposting...... just because. Thanks JD.

The fact of the matter is that the lack of response from Len, and little or no credible response from his friends cast a serious shadow of doubt over the situation. It is pretty much an admission of guilt in my eyes. Not that I need it, the parts speak for themselves. Just ignore it till it goes away maybe? Already almost 3000 views at this point. By the time it goes away, everyone with a Buick and then some will have seen this.
Maybe you got my message of my little threat by now.

Congrats on backing up a six second pass. It's guys like me that help you campaign it.

Congrats on backing up a six second pass. It's guys like me that help you campaign it.

Your friends money does nothing to help them along,Len is just a driver.
The whole setup and racing is financed by John and Marka Gallina.

Just keeping up on my relevant comments for you;)

Thanks for posting this. John is a standup guy and always has been. Although before this I have never seen anything negative about Len. I talked to him in Ohio about getting a billet tranny after the Ford vs. Buick shootout but I guess that is now out of the question.

I sure hope Len responds to this someway or another. He just lost a $2500 customer....

Jason

disco stu wrote......."I told him that it need to take 9's easily"

Sounds like Len built it to run 9's alright..........in the 1/8 mile.....:eek:

LEN, DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY?!!!!

You are racing and posting elsewhere. You were on here yesterday. I think it's safe the say you are alive and aware of this little thread. Don't you want to address this? There have been 3 on this thread alone that said they have changed their mind about dealing with you. I'm sure there are a few more that have not openly voiced the same.

You owe me buddy. You can either pay the money back, or pay the money+court costs back.

LEN, DON'T YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY?!!!!

You are racing and posting elsewhere. You were on here yesterday. I think it's safe the say you are alive and aware of this little thread. Don't you want to address this? There have been 3 on this thread alone that said they have changed their mind about dealing with you. I'm sure there are a few more that have not openly voiced the same.

You owe me buddy. You can either pay the money back, or pay the money+court costs back.

I am not sure if you take it to court you will win.
And I know he said he would take care of it(heresay)
But the unit was clearly out of warranty at the time.
and unless you have a bill that clearly states the part that
should have been inside,Im not sure what they will give you

I bet if I have written statements from more than one builder saying that this sort of build would not last long under any circumstances, and the junk parts used, then I have a pretty good case.

If he is going to take care of this, he has my number. I left it with his secretary a few dozen times.

Here, have it again. 512 297 9342

After watching this thread since it started & still seeing ZERO effort from Len Freeman to step up & do the right thing by at least trying to workout this unfortunate situation w/ disco stu, I know I personally wouldn't let him build me a peanut butter & jelly sandwich let alone my transmission....;)

The Darkside:cool:

I am not sure if you take it to court you will win.
And I know he said he would take care of it(heresay)
But the unit was clearly out of warranty at the time.
and unless you have a bill that clearly states the part that
should have been inside,Im not sure what they will give you

1 more thing to add... lots of warranty's are void if the car is raced .. falls under "abuse" ..

1 more thing to add... lots of warranty's are void if the car is raced .. falls under "abuse" ..

Even if its out of warranty you still have a case on the internals. It will be kinda hard to make without an invoice of the internals. But it can be done.

It was under a year from purchase.

But when I talked to him he said "somethings wrong, that should not have happened. I'll pay for shipping, send it back and I will fix it no matter what". And you know you did Len, don't even try to deny that. You would have been better that off doing instead of making me find out for myself what was in it. But on a positive note, now I know.

What's right is right and whjat is wrong is wrong. Raced or not, warantee or not you do not take my money AND GIVE ME STOCK NUMBER AND QUALITY OF CLUTCHES/STEELS, CRACKED DRUMS, STOCK ANCHOR PINS, STOCK OVERHONED STATOR SHAFTS, AND STOCK INPUT SHAFTS ETC. IN ONE OF MY TRANNIES WHEN I OR THE PERSON THAT IS PAYING ME TO BUILD THE CAR PAYS THE PRICE FOR QUALITY PARTS.

Let me add that I don't just go around bashing people. This is the only thread you will find where I have. You will find threads and posts about me thanking Len for his service.

When I bought a 400 from him and it did not move any fluid whatsoever, he sent me another one OVERNIGHT. I was blown away. From then on I sent him referalls. I did not bash him for selling me an inopperative 400, I commended him for going above and beyond to make good on it. And he made a repeat customer. I am the first to let people know about good service. But I am pensive about dropping someones name in the grease until I am proof postitive that I am getting screwed.

It was under a year from purchase.

But when I talked to him he said "somethings wrong, that should not have happened. I'll pay for shipping, send it back and I will fix it no matter what".
What stopped you from shipping it? Im not trying to cause problems, just wondering. If it were me, the trans would of been out that day and on its way the next.
I really do hope this issue gets settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.