Lesson learned

Wld87GN

So last Sunday I was heading to my moms house to help with cleaning out her garage. I have a 35 minute drive to her house and it was in the morning thus nice and cool and we all know how much these cars like crisp cool air.

Anyway, I am on a major road, moving around 50-60mph (give or take a few) when I see a car coming up behind me rather quickly. This was likely a supercharged Lexus or Infiniti (something like that) it was completely debadged and had a super charger wine happening. Anyway, so he gets next to me and he has a passenger looking over at me and they are pointing and laughing. As I look over, he jumps on it and gives me the one finger salute.

So I decide to show this idiot what fast looks like so I get on it and catch him. I look over at him and gave him a thumbs up (I always take the high road) and I point to him and tell him to do it again. Mind you we are back to about 55, so he jumps on it and I jump on it and at first he gets about 1/2 car on me and then I went by him like he was standing still (probably like 4-6 cars). As I slowed back down we drove for about another mile with him a car length behind me and we approached a red light. He came up to me and rolled his window down and asked "WTF is with that car?" so I chuckled and said, just a 6 banger. "Bro, that shit was crazy" was his response. He rolled up his window and gave me the thumbs up. Class dismissed.

Attachments

• 20170607_184627.jpg
    20170607_184627.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 505
Last edited:
...pointing and laughing... Are people really that clueless? Seeing a car like a GN...you have to know there's something special about it even if you don't know what "it" is. Did you have the drag wheels on during the kill? If so, then double facepalm on this guys part for not knowing what's up. Well, now he does know what's up! Nice kill and awesome GN.

Nice car! and nice kill!
...pointing and laughing... Are people really that clueless? Seeing a car like a GN...you have to know there's something special about it even if you don't know what "it" is. Did you have the drag wheels on during the kill? If so, then double facepalm on this guys part for not knowing what's up. Well, now he does know what's up! Nice kill and awesome GN.

Thank you, yes I did have the drag wheels on the car at the time. They had no clue, in looking back I really have no idea what they were laughing at. Perhaps they see the styling as old or outdated. It did not have a badge on the side of the fender to denote a 6 or 700 hp. But I promise the next GN they see they will give second thought to doing that stupid sh*t again.

They were probably thinking, Look...this guy thinks his quiet Monte Carlo is fast or something.

in looking back I really have no idea what they were laughing at.

Maybe they were laughing at the car they saw in the reflection of your paint! :hilarious: What does your GN run in the 1/4 out of curiousity?

Maybe they were laughing at the car they saw in the reflection of your paint! :hilarious: What does your GN run in the 1/4 out of curiousity?

Bit of a loaded question, last time at the track it ran 11.1, but that was still working out some issues and not the new heads and intake. I gather I should run in the mid to high 10's.

Laughing at that straight and beautiful of a GN is a capitol offense. I'm glad you kilt him.

I really get a kick of of the dip$hits that can't/ don't recognize drag radials when they see them. I didn't put these tires on my car because I was afraid they'd grip too well...I put them on because despite how sticky they are I still spin them.

Nice! Unfortunately I have yet to come up on a GN while out in my Mustang but I will admit if I did I would be a little worried..... Just never know what a TR has underneath the hood.

Nice! Unfortunately I have yet to come up on a GN while out in my Mustang but I will admit if I did I would be a little worried..... Just never know what a TR has underneath the hood.

Heh, heh, heh.......

You said it, not me. :cool:

Great kill. Great story. Thanks for posting.