You can type here any text you want

Let me show you some LIP!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

garmo

Needed a change so this is the before and after pictures.

First set of pictures was Boss 304 18x9 14offset 285/35/18 rear 245/40/18 front Nitto 555's. Problem was they rubbed in the rear on both sides and the fronts cut into the A-arms. Just not very fun to drive unless it was straight. This is what it came with when I bought it.

Got a great deal from Discount Tire Direct. The new ones are MB Motorsport Vintage 17X8 0 offset. Falkins 235/50/17 rear and 225/45/17 front. For a skinner wheel they sure look much deeper.. Let me know your thoughts. Car is lowered but don't know if it was by lowering springs or heating the factory ones. They don't look cut. Paid $940 out the door.

Attachments

• 58a7_12.jpg
    58a7_12.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 555
  • 59b2_12.jpg
    59b2_12.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCF1721.JPG
    DSCF1721.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 550
  • DSCF1722.JPG
    DSCF1722.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 543
  • DSCF1723.JPG
    DSCF1723.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 541
IMHO it looks much better.... i didnt really like the style of the first rim...too much stuff goin on.

The new rim may or may not actually be deeper but I think what makes it look better is the "step" style lip where it has different levels to it. The smooth style lip looks out of place on older cars, better on imports. The overall wheel finish is better too, full chrome looks too over-stated on these cars.

I'm a sucker for the lip too. :D

slicks.gif

Holy Cow Turbo6Chicago...if Garmo's previous rims looked busy...which I agree,
I'm not sure what to think about the traction on your car with those tires...NICE!

I'm not sure what to think about the traction on your car with those tires...NICE!

Yeah, WAY more traction that I need at this point. :redface:

I didn't do it so people would think I had a 700hp car, I just believe in a saying I picked up from the TV show MythBusters; "If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing". I wanted a big tire in back, and if I'm going to spend money, might as well take it as far as I can.

Most guys apply the same principle to things like injectors. Even if your car is stock, if you're going to buy injectors in the first place, might as well go with 60lbers and not have to worry about maxing out the flow when you install more mods.

^^^Well said...and people fail to realize how much they'll actually save in the long run...

new wheel style is very nice, I am a fan of bigger wheels, but I love your car, height looks good also! Well done daniel-son!

Good looking car, new wheels look much better. I've always liked silver Ts.

Tell that to Chip Foose and all the muscle cars his sick, stepless rims have graced. :eek: :D :biggrin:

Yeah, well maybe if you have your car done by Foose, the smooth lip will look good. :p But just slapping "tuner" rims on a typical older car doesn't always look right.

I didn't like the stepless lip on my old 18s either.

Wheels look really nice and so does your car. I see you are here in Arizona, around where? I don't see hardly any turbo buicks out and about. Phoenix is #1 for vehicle thefts.
Tarey D.

my car isn't a typical one

Yeah, well maybe if you have your car done by Foose, the smooth lip will look good. :p But just slapping "tuner" rims on a typical older car doesn't always look right.

Nahhhh, car doesn't have to be done by him--it could just look good! Forget the label, he has some nice rims (subjective, but eff it) ! :D :eek: ;)

By typical you mean sinister, right? :eek: :cool:

I live in Goodyear. Yes, I know about the thefts. I had a Thunderbird Supercoupe stolen a few years ago. It was my favorite. I have been waiting for this to be stolen but have had good luck so far. This is my daily driver.
I am real happy with the rims and tires now. No more rubbing and I seem to have people looking at all over again. Get lots of complements. Thanks guys.

Antitheft Secret Brake Lock

My Dually Had Been Stolen Twice, Several Of My Customers Had Been The Victim Of Their Suburban And Dually Thefts. I Have Since Then Installed A Brake Locking Device On My Vehicles. The Third Time They Tried To Steal It, They Pushed On The Throttle So Hard, That It Twisted The Input Shaft On The Trans. I Still Have It. It Fits In The Line Like A Line Lock. You Flip A Switch, Apply The Brakes And They Stay Locked. Or, You Can Leave The Switch On, (it Does Not Draw 12v Power Until You Apply The Brake, And, Only For A Moment) And, If Anyone Tries To Drive It, The First Time They Apply The Brake, They Lock And Stay Locked. Better Than An Alarm, And You Can Leave The Keys In The Car. We Sell Them.

Back