Lets pick it up around here!

ahh...

I'd make some posts but unfortunately i'm still hopelessly searching for a nice 87' grand national..hopefully someday soon I'll find a nice one in the area..

I'm as confused on that as you are.......... oh and CobraKiller, I have it on some authority that a board member here will probably be selling his intercooled 84GN with the lear interior and t-tops in the near future.........

New GN Owner

The New England Area is surprisingly quiet !! I've just recently purchased a 1987 GN with only 8K miles on it. This is my second GN. I owned an 85 GN back in 1987-1989. This one is a keeper! It is entirely stock with the exception of being undercoated and having an aftermarket alarm. It is a beauty. I am loving driving this car !! I have put 700 miles on it in the past month. I am curious about good mechanics in the southern CT area to work on the car when the time comes. I would appreciate any feedback from fellow TR owners in the area. I live in the New Haven area.

What type of work you looking to have done? I've just sent car #2 a GN to my mechanic for timing chain, front and rear main seals, and HR Parts lower rear control arms. Front end alignment too, (done next door to them).

I'll let you know how they did on the rear main tomorrow. Timing chain didn't look bad and the gear wasn't cracked or chipped one tooth. Pan was clean also. Some good news with that car anyway!

I'll let you know the price if you want. They do decent work with bolt ons anyway. I bring them a lot of my own parts. No motor building or major tuning of TR's if that's what you need.

Good luck with your new car.

i live in stratford ct, and i work on these cars i am on my third one but this one is a keeper,what are you looking to have done?
ou can email me a KILLERTURBOV6@aol.com
also if the weather holds out a couple of friends and myself will by cruising to the berlin trpke,take a ride up,i have an 87 gn with new paint and looks stock,cept for the front mount,and 3"exhaust
look or me if ou cruise there

Maybe some of us So CT guys should all meet some nite at a local cruise. Every Sunday nite you have the Heavenly Donut cruise in Derby on Rt 34, Walmart cruise in Wallingford the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month. Anyone going to the TBN show in PA on Aug 12th?

Hey Guys,

I actually don't have anything in mind right now to have done to the GN, but I was just inquiring for the future. salvageV6 and KLHAMMETT thanks for the replys. I guess I should wait until I have a specific repair or upgrade in mind. Right now I'm just enjoying the car.

BuickGn Boosted,

I think it's a great idea to all meet some night at a local cruise !! What an imporessive site it would be to have a group of GN's and TR's at a local cruise ! And it would be great to meet some fellow owners. I just met a couple guys at the Fairfield U/Bridgeport Lions show. A great show !! Over 320 cars. The GN's did well. Took 1st, 2nd, 3rd in the 1986-2001 stock class. I am thinking about going to the TBN Show on Sunday, but not with the GN. Too many miles to put on it. Have you been before? How is it?

hey CT guys i live in Manchester and i cruise the Berlin Turnpike, i am interested in seeing more buicks out there, if anyone is planning on cruising soon let me know, what date and around what time, or just look for the Buick that says Ran-Kin Racing on the back windshield

saturday night

i have been going to the berlin trpk every sat for about a month and have seen very few turbo buicks there, lets meet up sat night and hang out,me and my buddy go there and find are own place to hang and just watch people race off of stoplights
name time and place
ill be there weather pending

TBN show

I went to the show last year and they had about 100 Turbo Regals under threatening skies. It was the first time at their new location and it is at a brand new Pontiac dealership, beautiful place! I am planning on being there as a vendor and will be bringing my GN as long as the weather looks OK.

Berlin Turnpike used to be good to cruise but the last few times I was up there all the ricer boys were really out of control. Cops were everywhere too. Not worth the hassle to me anyway.

TBN show

If I end up going on Sunday I will definitely stop by your booth. I checked out your website. Looks like you have some nice stuff. Can't wait to check it out in person. Hope to see you on Sunday.

Saturday Night

I have met a few guys that say the Berlin Tpke is good on Friday nights before 9p.m. They alternate every other Friday between the Olympia Diner and Hooter's. I hear they get a good turn-out of cars, and that the ricers don't start showing until after 10p.m.. That's when the trouble starts. I have no problem meeting there but would prefer to do it on a Friday night when it's not all ricers. Besides, I'm busy the next two saturday nights. I also hear that there is a good cruise every 2nd and 4th saturday nights in Wallingford at the Walmart or K-Mart, not sure. I would love to get a group of us together. Maybe we should try to set something up for the weekend of Aug 24th, 25th, 26th. How does that sound to everyone ?

i would like to meet on friday nights i am free this friday, if anyone wants to meet around 9, just name the place and we could probably go in and get a few drinks, the weekend of the 24th-26th, i move back to college but i go to Uconn so if anyone wanted to meet then i would go

There is a Walmart cruise this Saturday the 11th in Wallingford and the other one is on August 25th. The 25th would be good for me. This is a great cruise, about 300 cars on a good nite. No cutoff date either.

This Friday night I am going to a wedding, so I can't make it to the Berlin Tpke. The 25th at Walmart in Wallingford sounds great ! Sounds like a great cruise night ! Count me in, weather permitting.

Holla if ya hear me!

Hey, any Mainers up in here??? I know there are a few, as I've seen some other T/Rs on the street with Maine plates.

You Connecticut folks, how close are you to Simsbury? My girlfriend lives there, so I'm pretty familiar with the area (Avon, etc...) I'd like to meet up next time I'm down there, who knows when that'll be though.

Another great cruise in CT is the Mark's Auto Parts cruise in East Granby. Every Monday night and they get over 600 cars on a good night. Our cars are welcome, no cut off date. It's right near Bradley International airport.

I've heard a lot of talk about the cruise up in East Granby !! heard that they do get a lot of cars up there. It's quite a distance from my house in West Haven, but I would be up for that some Monday night if some others were planning to go.