License Plate Validation Sticker Question

Jan Larsson

Not a tech question but as I'm on the other side of the pond from you guys and not that familiar with how the system works in the US I thought I'll ask :)

Anyway, my TTA was originaly sold / delivered to it's first owner on 10/04/89, would the validation stickers on the license plate been October and 1989 OR October and 1990?

Also car was sold in Pennsylvania, would there been validations stickers on both the front and rear license plates back in 1989?

Any help appreciated as I'm getting some authentic looking license plates for use at shows (and just for fun) for my TTA carrying the original registration from PA, per picture below

Attachments

• TTA 1078 PA License Plate.jpg
    TTA 1078 PA License Plate.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 67
Pa is only rear plate. We have no front plates. The registration sticker should have been Oct. 1990. Or whatever month they registered it. Yearly renewal here. We have inspection on the windsheild and plate on the back only. Here is what the inspection on the windsheild looks like..

bigbuickpic.JPG

that is from yullose's car for sale on this board. I think the PA tag changed 3 times from the one you posted.

Thanks Jim, I'll see if I can get hold of some stickers ... hope the company I'm using can make the correct plate in the correct colors ... we will see would be nice though. By the way the dealership that originaly sold my TTA (Acon Pontiac-Oldsmobile) in Midland went out of business in 98 or so I found out recently.