Lifting head under boost

mustgofaster

I am running cometics, and when boost goes over 22#'s I hear some popping like the head is lifting. Does re-torquing the studs usually help or is it to
late after you hear this noise. Not getting any knock.

I am running cometics, and when boost goes over 22#'s I hear some popping like the head is lifting. Does re-torquing the studs usually help or is it to
late after you hear this noise. Not getting any knock.

Probably too late, don't risk it...just do the head gaskets. Retorque after heat cycling. I think I have blown more head gaskets than most...It sucks but consider the alternative. I just melted my aluminum head, 2 push rods, the block and a piston. Good luck

Bryan

I will be running it this saturday at the Buick ford shootout in noble, so I don't have time to do the complete hg job. I've always heard you can usually get through a race on a cometic gasket by re-torquing. maybe wishful thinking but I don't have many options.

Is the knock sensor working? Maybe check the torque on the knock sensor while re-torquing the heads. Good luck at the races!:biggrin: We're rooting for you guys!

Unless youre getting compression in the cooling system check the ignition. Coil, plugs, wires

You sure the popping you're hearing isn't lean popping out the exhaust????