Limit Engrg TC-45 pics

KendallF

Blah blah blah
I just thought with all of the TE-45 interest lately, I'd post some pics of the TC-45 I just got back from John Craig. I sent him a box full of broken parts, and he did his usual great job and returned me this...

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/frederik32212/lst?&.dir=/TC+45+turbo&.src=ph&.view=t&.last=1

It's almost too pretty to put on the GN. I actually paid to polish the compressor housing; still can't believe I did that. :) I am NOT very good at cleaning and polishing as my friends will attest.

I'm glad that he managed to squeeze that turbine wheel into a 3 bolt Garrett housing; it was formerly a 4 bolt turbo but I'm back to stock headers/ATR DP on the GN and wanted it converted.

That is pretty! I don't think I paid extra for the polishing on mine, tho...I just asked for the AARP discount.

Kendall,
Looks great. can you tell me what compressor housing that is? My 45 has the regular compressor housing with the 3in inlet 2in out. But mines got the PTE exhaust housing. I have always believed that the turbo would breathe better with your style compressor housing.My TE 45

Originally posted by Steve Wood.
That is pretty! I don't think I paid extra for the polishing on mine, tho...I just asked for the AARP discount.

I feel old...does that count?

Originally posted by LouieL
Kendall,
Looks great. can you tell me what compressor housing that is? My 45 has the regular compressor housing with the 3in inlet 2in out. But mines got the PTE exhaust housing. I have always believed that the turbo would breathe better with your style compressor housing.My TE 45

That is a 60-1 compressor housing...I bought that turbo as a 4 bolt version from Dave Schmucker several years ago and it's probably at least 10 years old. I sold/traded every turbo I had left around the place and that was the only thing I had left to go back on the GN...now of course I need another converter, have to make a 4" MAF pipe, etc. :) It never ends.

You know, I didn't ask John what he put back in it. :) I ASSume it's still a 63 mm. Could be a 66 like he's putting in the TE-45As these days.