You can type here any text you want

limited slip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dannym

how can i tell if my 87 gn has a limited slip diff? the build codes on trunk are hard to read, I'm changing diff fluid and have the diff cover off right now.
thanks

Look for a g80 code. Or spin the tires and see if theyboth spin the same way.
i tried spinning wheels but they spin in apposet direction, i also have a 2007 GMC sierra with G80 code and the wheels also spin i opposet direction. I guess i"m just going to wait for my new turbo so i can light up the tires,
thanks for quick responce

i tried spinning wheels but they spin in apposet direction, i also have a 2007 GMC sierra with G80 code and the wheels also spin i opposet direction. I guess i"m just going to wait for my new turbo so i can light up the tires,
thanks for quick responce

put the tranny in neutral

cp

ur 07 has a locker not a posi-traction diff. probably. so they will spin opposite directions unless u spin one wheel fast enough to engage the locker!

if ur diff cover is off just look in the center of the differential for an "S" shaped spring or clutches on the sides of the diff. hth

posi tag

check to see if there is a posi tag bolted to the cover. Who knows... after 20 years, that tag might still be there!!!

check to see if there is a posi tag bolted to the cover. Who knows... after 20 years, that tag might still be there!!!

no tag, it's missing, i spun the wheels with trany in nutral and they both spin the same way, and i see the S shape spring in the center of posi unit.

thanks guys for your help

Back