You can type here any text you want

Line lock install questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
Ok, so there is an article in GMhightechperformance about some mods to a TR at Cotton's. Very cool article but I digress.

So I bought the line lock they sell as it is the same one on the car. What can I say...I am driven by pictures :-)

Anyway, it came with a pre-bent line from the brake to the control unit.

When I tried to install it I found a problem. To fit the line lock has to be where my fender relays are located. So...I tried to bend the line to make it fit better.

Now I need a new line :-)

Some questions:

1) in the picture the line lock is installed in the line coming out of the rear of the master cylinder, closest to the firewall. I assume that is the one I use?

2) is there some kind of flexible line I can use to go from the master cylinder to the line lock? Something that will hold the pressure?

3) the article said "we carefully bent the stock line that was in the master cylinder". Is that ok to do or should I get more line and try to keep from bending it at much as possible?

Thanks for any input :-)

Will

there is where in installed mine

hope it help

Claude

Attachments

• cp_eng_2.jpg
    cp_eng_2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 271
I made a new bracket for the line lock (no new holes in car)....then made new lines to connect to the new bracket ....saved original lines......I can make you the bracket if you want ... PM me regards rick :biggrin:

Attachments

• line lock.JPG
    line lock.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 364
Claude - how easy was it to bend the original brake line? I assume you made the small line that goes from the master cylinder to the line lock?

Rick - that plate looks very nice. Your relays are not in the same place as mine it appears. Yours are in the right side of the top of that picture mine are in the upper part of the right side of that picture, if that makes sense.

Where does the new line you fabricated run? Straight to the proportioning valve?

You still in AA? I should bring the car over and let you take a peek.

One question is still on my mind. Can I used flexible stainless brake lines from the master cylinder to the line lock? That would make things much simpler. ;-)

Will

Ok this may be a stupid thought/question but here goes....

do I need to mount the line lock? I mean the hard lines should hold it nicely in place if I want to run a straight tube out of the master cylinder and suspend the solenoid right off the side of the master cylinder right?

That way I do not have to 'mount' the thing and all I need is a short straight piece of tubing from the M.C. to the line lock.

Thoughts?

I would support it,

Ok this may be a stupid thought/question but here goes....

do I need to mount the line lock? I mean the hard lines should hold it nicely in place if I want to run a straight tube out of the master cylinder and suspend the solenoid right off the side of the master cylinder right?

That way I do not have to 'mount' the thing and all I need is a short straight piece of tubing from the M.C. to the line lock.

Thoughts?

Put it this way, if the line breaks ur gonna know right away!

True but I would think the lower line would hold things up so the line would not be under stress?

It should be fairly difficult to break a brake line right?

Just thinking out loud :-)

You need to support the line lock, most have 2-3 screws to put in place.

Vibration is bad for brake lines, that's why they are tied down on cars in many spots on cars.

Bending the stock line is easy to do with two hands to uncoil it and make gentle movements to the new location, you don't just grap and yank it over to the line lock location.

I will try to get a picture of my bolts for my roll control.

Flex line will work if it's brake rated and has the right fittings on it.

Got a picture of your specific line lock and car where it's mounted??? :confused:

True but I would think the lower line would hold things up so the line would not be under stress?

It should be fairly difficult to break a brake line right?

Just thinking out loud :-)

Not worth the risks…it should be mounted.;)

"Where does the new line you fabricated run? Straight to the proportioning valve? "
Actually there are two new lines…the one to the valve and the shot one to the line lock..

"You still in AA? I should bring the car over and let you take a peek."
No not Ann Arbor....Westland but you can come over anytime..PM me..

"One question is still on my mind. Can I used flexible stainless brake lines from the master cylinder to the line lock? That would make things much simpler. ;-)" Yes you can... but I would not......Regards Rick

Claude - how easy was it to bend the original brake line? I assume you made the small line that goes from the master cylinder to the line lock?

I unbent like salvagev6 said

you should buy like me a pre-fabricated
break tubing at NAPA for master to line lock coupling

hope it help

Claude

Back