You can type here any text you want

Lips Rolled but No Notch - 15"x10"?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
Looking at some new rims and I like to go with a 15x10" in the rear if I would not have in rubbing concerns on the street. The wheel well lips have be rolled but the frame has not been notched. I don't want to have to use air bags to keep it off the qt pannel.

Thoughts on the 15x10, backspacing and a DR tire combo???

You'll want to go with 4.5" or 4.75" BS with is about the most you can successfully fit before rubbing the frame. Even then it will be close on both sides but having the lips rolled should help.

so you want the "bronco billy" look:eek: ?? a 10" rim really stretches a tire . here is the same tire 275/60/15 on an 8" rim and a 10" rim:cool:

Attachments

• New Image.jpg
    New Image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 755
I'm running 15x10/4.5 BS with 275/50. No problem with frame clearance, I did have a problem rubbing the lip on the driver side over hard bumps until I changed out all the worn out body bushings. With your lips rolled already you should be ok.

Attachments

• GN006-3.JPG
    GN006-3.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 761
Nope not wanting the bronco billy look (to me that’s when the use of air bags comes in to keep the tire from hitting the Qt). I want to keep the tire under the car. I do want the widest wheel tire combo I can get under it with out rubbing issues. that's why I rolled the lips prior to paint. I'm looking at the AR TT II Classic and they go from an 8" to a 10" with nothing in between. :confused:

this wheel on a White T w/ Blk Trim

Attachments

• are-cl205_w.jpg
    are-cl205_w.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 740
I have some 15x10s on my car with 295-50-15s. Rolled inner fender lip and the only time mine rubs is if I have 3-4 people in the car and forgot to air up the bags. They have never rubbed in the corners but more if the suspension gets compressed too much. The wheels are centerline tel-stars with I think 4 1/2"BS. With this tire mine are dead even with the with the wheel molding. Personally I am going to a 275 drag radial this season because this tire size is not avalable in any drag radial and I don't put a lot of miles on my car. The tires in the pic are BFGs. Last I checked there were only 2 manufactueres that carried that size. I have all the body bushings done on my car also and that did seem to help.

BFG 295 50 16 tires on a 16x9.5" rim. no rollin, no notching, fits like a glove on 4.75"BS

*Rikens looks sick in this size!!

TR87 I havn't seen pdf pictures posted in awhile that was neat!

I have some 15" x10" Billet Specialties "Street Lites"wheels with a rear spacing of 4.5" and rolled fender lips, but NO frame work at all. Tires are Good Year Eagles P275-60-15's...Here are a few pics, with the two last showing the clearance between the frame on the right and left side...Hope this helps...

Claude. :wink:

so you want the "bronco billy" look:eek: ?? a 10" rim really stretches a tire . here is the same tire 275/60/15 on an 8" rim and a 10" rim:cool:

WOW !!! Big difference from just rim size. Do you the the section width difference between the two ? Good information to have, looks to be quite a bit of difference...

? ? ? ? ?

so you want the "bronco billy" look:eek: ??

Grumpy, could you please explain?...First, who the f**k is "bronco billy" and second, whoever he is, what does he have to do with 10" rims?? :confused:

Thanks,

Claude, More pic's please....like to see more of the stance of car.
Do you have any clearance problem with the trim and is air bags needed?

I too would like to see a few more cars with 15x10's in a 275/60-15.

Just for info, I run 15x10 with a 4" bs and was running 28x10.5-15 MT slicks. There seemed to be plenty of frame clearance. The fender lip was cut back, but not rolled. Stock rear springs. The lip never contacted the tires. The tires did rub the frame. Not sure what situation caused them to rub, but the sign was there. And I thought there was more than enough clearance.
The car is not driven on the street. Fender lip contact could be a different story on the street.
I should also add that I never was happy with the stance of the car. I guess you could say it had that 'bronco billy' look.

"GNBRETT" and "getchasum", here are two more pictures of my GN with the Billet Specialties "Street Lite" wheels (15''x7" fronts and 15"x10" rears). I'm sorry, but these are the only pictures I have for now, as I bought and installed these wheels during the winter time. Also, there are NO airbags on the car. (About the car's stance, as you can see by the height of the front end, there is no engine in the car right now as I'm having some work done on it...
Rear spacing for the wheels is 4.5" for the rears and 3.5" for the fronts. Rear tires are Good Year Eagle P275-60-15's and the fronts are Futura P215-65-15's...

Thank you,

Claude.:)

Man! You guys have some nice looking garages up there in Canada.

Man! You guys have some nice looking garages up there in Canada.

:biggrin: Thanks Donnie...I appreciate! :wink: ..I wanted my GN and my other "toy" to have a "nice" home...so I had this garage built to house them...:)

Claude. :)

Grumpy, could you please explain?...First, who the f**k is "bronco billy" and second, whoever he is, what does he have to do with 10" rims?? :confused:

Thanks,

come on your old enuff to know "Bronco Billy" :p the old days of having Gabriel Air Shocks (or todays = air bags) jacked up to keep the body of the car off of the tires . I was trying it with my Mazda but after posting it I got laughed at an ridiculed :redface: :biggrin:

Attachments

• 275a.JPG
    275a.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 464
Claude, Magic Questions....

Is the car street driven and do they rub???
Does it rub on launch?

Back