List of bolt sizes...

Would you like ARP to offer a complete 86/87 GN 3.8 engine bolt kit?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Slix

So I was wondering if anyone has a list of engine bolt sizes for the 86/87 engines? I needed to get some Arp ss bolts and figured before I start measuring every bolt on the.engine maybe someone already has one made?

Haven't seen a complete list yet... Figured I could make one if no one already made one up... Be helpful to many I think at some point in time to know the exact bolt sizes they need for various parts...

bolt sizes are listed in the buick illustrated parts book diagram part of the W44 service manual ..many are not just a simple bolts but a stud headed bolt with std threads at one end and metric at other
basically if it goes to the block they are sae std thread, front of head is metric m10 1.5 ,exhaust manifold and intake to head are sae 3/8-16, plenum /TB attach is metric m8 1.25, crank pulleys are metric m8 1.25 , waterpump pulley is sae fine
lenght will vary with aftermarket parts ..plenums/powerplate/fuelrail/headers /valvecovers etc so one set might not be so good when many have different needs

TA Performance stocks many ARP bolt kits for the turbo V-6 such as heads, timing cover, intake manifold, oil pan and others as well.

I've done it and it's a NIGHTMARE getting everything right.

Not only is the GN both metric and SAE (sometimes both on the same area), they use some oddball lengths in areas where an oddball lenght is not needed.

Then the next issue is making a 'kit' that fits. You never know if someone has changed, valve covers, added a plenum spacer, 14 bolt .vs 20 bolt, RJC pullies, etc.....

Earl, if i remember correctly i have bought a couple bolt kits from you. They all fit perfectly, you are a bolt genius.