You can type here any text you want

look at a 1986 gn to buy but no id tag on rearend

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

riviera

I looking at a 86 gn no rpo # but have build sheet to with matching vin want to make sure it had the 8.8 rearend (I guess that what's suppose to be in there) but no id tag on rearend is there any other way to tell and also if it is posi or not

ID tag won't tell you if it's an 8.5". The tag warns to use limited slip oil, if so equipped.
The build sheet should show G80, if the LS is there. [Not on the sheet?] Don't know that a 7.5" was even available w/ LS.
If it's a "gennie GN", it would have not been built w/ the 7.5", but could have been built, w/o LS.
My 86 frame is out of the car. If you need a dimension, pic of the 8.5, let me know.

NO STICKER IN TRUNK WITH OPTIONS TO SHOW G80 I HAVE BUILD SHEET WITH OTHER OPTIONS LIKE SEATS PAINT ETC...... BUT RELLY HOPING IT HAD LIMITED SLIP AND WAS TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING THAT INFO.

Jack up the rear in neutral and spin the tires by hand. If they go the same way its a posi, if they spin opposite its a one legger. That'll tell if its a posi or not, not how good the posi is though...Just an idea

Jack up the rear end and spin the tires, if they both spin forward, it's a posi - the G80 option.

Back