You can type here any text you want

looking for 5413 and 5658 combo pic

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fast4Ward

i bought these way too fast and I know the lowering subject has been beat over and over again.
i don't want to cut coils and was hoping for someone to post a pic on this spring combo with any size of wheels. thnx.

I discovered The Original Parts Group catalog after I bought these and they offer choices up to 3 inch drops:smile:

i bought these way too fast and I know the lowering subject has been beat over and over again.
i don't want to cut coils and was hoping for someone to post a pic on this spring combo with any size of wheels. thnx.

I discovered The Original Parts Group catalog after I bought these and they offer choices up to 3 inch drops:smile:
do a search, there is a guy with a gorgeous GN with black wheels with that exact combo....try typing in 5658 or 5413 in a search 1-CLN-GN i believe is his screen name here

Be careful dropping your car more than 1" with springs. Your ride quality will be horrible. If you do decide to drop the car more than 1-1.5" with springs, make sure you use ZQ8 bump stop on the lower control arms. Your stockers will be way to high and the car will literally bounce off the lower control arms. If you want more of a drop than 1-1.5" go with taller lower ball joints and a spring combo.

Be careful dropping your car more than 1" with springs. Your ride quality will be horrible. If you do decide to drop the car more than 1-1.5" with springs, make sure you use ZQ8 bump stop on the lower control arms. Your stockers will be way to high and the car will literally bounce off the lower control arms. If you want more of a drop than 1-1.5" go with taller lower ball joints and a spring combo.
thnx. much appreciated info. after 4 years joining the board i am officially a first time tb owner:biggrin:

Here you go and thanks for the compliment whitecobra98.Oh and they didn't drop much.Might be because my stock springs where already sagging.

HREs004.jpg

HREs005.jpg

no problem...wish mine looked that good...not sure how much they will drop mine either, but at least they will be new....no idea how long they have been on, but the car has 155k, so everything is being replaced, shocks, springs, bushings, entire front end, that way I should only have to do it once:)

That's what makes all these comparisons & product reviews so hard. We all start with 20+ year old cars and weak worn out parts and try to make a plan on what we can do to improve. :biggrin: It's like a DOE with 50 variables.
I just finished putting a set of PST body bushings in my car and the back end is at least 1.5" higher! Who would have thunk it.
Oh well, on to the next repair... Remember we all have these cars to be different so let's make them better! :wink:

got all of the steering components replaced last night...hoping to have the new arms, springs, shocks and sway bars in by next saturday..this sucky rainy weather here isnt helping..i'll post pics once the whole setup is in

Yea man post some pics and measure before and after for us.
i will....sandblasting the front arms this weekend, then installing the ball joints and bushings....not sure how its gonna look bcuz I have the stock GN wheels....will definitely measure though....can't wait to drive it again

Here you go and thanks for the compliment whitecobra98.Oh and they didn't drop much.Might be because my stock springs where already sagging.

HREs004.jpg

HREs005.jpg

that looks good- what is the measurement from the center of the wheel straight up to the bottom of the wheelwell lip?

My 5658s showed up yesterday, originally had the fronts cut down to about a 3 inch drop..... was cool when i was 21 years old but not so much at 33. Anyway , i have 2 inch drop springs in the rear, and am going to put the 5658 s up front... i will get pics in a week or so when im done powder coating the a arms! Hope its not too high in the front

got all the stuff in yesterday...too pissed to take pics..long day....now the front end sits like a monster truck and bounces like its on hydraulics....stuffed it in the garage until I feel like looking at it again!!!!!!!!!

got all the stuff in yesterday...too pissed to take pics..long day....now the front end sits like a monster truck and bounces like its on hydraulics....stuffed it in the garage until I feel like looking at it again!!!!!!!!!

A few things to check. If the car bounces like it's on hydraulics and sits like a monster truck. First take out the extended control arms, lift brackets, lift shocks, extended spindles. No, just kidding, you have a few areas to check. Did you do anything to the front swaybar? If so, you more than likely tightened te control arm bolts too tight and bound up the bushings onto the bar. Did you apply grease to he bushing where it meets the bar? Did you get the bottom of the springs clocked properly into the lower control arms? These need to be seated properly. Also, did you get the upper springs properly seated into the rubber isolators? I cant imagine yu would be having problems with the rear springs, those are very cut and dry.

Also, make sure you didnt tighten the control arm bolts too much, that will cause everything to bind up and I hope you greased those bushings?

Also, make sure you didnt tighten the control arm bolts too much, that will cause everything to bind up and I hope you greased those bushings?

everything was greased up...rear springs were no problem..possible the control arms may have been overtightened due to frustration..i did replace springs, sway bars, shocks, control arms, bushings, ball joints, tie rods, idlerarm, drag link..i'll remeasure and take another peek later

everything was greased up...rear springs were no problem..possible the control arms may have been overtightened due to frustration..i did replace springs, sway bars, shocks, control arms, bushings, ball joints, tie rods, idlerarm, drag link..i'll remeasure and take another peek later

I can almost garauntee you did a combo of overtightening all your parts and didnt seat the spring properly in the lower control arms and upper spring perches.

I can almost garauntee you did a combo of overtightening all your parts and didnt seat the spring properly in the lower control arms and upper spring perches.

well the measurements were 26 1/2" front 26' rear before replacement....now 27 3/4" front 26 1/2" rear....i'm probably gonna agree with you on the overtightening deal...i was pissed by that point...the springs were in the uper spring perches compressed and then the jack under the control arm situated the lower pocket....don't know how else to explain that....???????????

OK something is definately off. it's hard to compare to your stock 150K mile springs but I can tell you with the 5658's up front, you should be at 26 1/4 or less. The thing to look for is the bottom of the front coil spring. There is a spot for the end of the coil to sit on the lower control arm. It as to be in that pocket, no exceptions. The swaybar is also holding you up, I can almost garauntee that. Just go over it one more time and you'll get er fixed. Have you compared what most people's height is with just the 5658's in the front?

You should be just above 26" from the ground to the center of the wheel well lip.

Back