You can type here any text you want

looking for 5413 and 5658 combo pic

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
OK something is definately off. it's hard to compare to your stock 150K mile springs but I can tell you with the 5658's up front, you should be at 26 1/4 or less. The thing to look for is the bottom of the front coil spring. There is a spot for the end of the coil to sit on the lower control arm. It as to be in that pocket, no exceptions. The swaybar is also holding you up, I can almost garauntee that. Just go over it one more time and you'll get er fixed. Have you compared what most people's height is with just the 5658's in the front?
yeah I've seen pics of the car with the 5658s and mine looks nothing like that...ill disconnect the sway bar links first, and see if that changes anything, then i'll try to loosen the lower control arms and retorque them....any idea on the proper torque for the lower control arm bolts? pretty sure the springs arent the problem on this one

yeah I've seen pics of the car with the 5658s and mine looks nothing like that...ill disconnect the sway bar links first, and see if that changes anything, then i'll try to loosen the lower control arms and retorque them....any idea on the proper torque for the lower control arm bolts? pretty sure the springs arent the problem on this one

Torque front bolts to 84 ft-lbs and rear 72 ft-lbs.
Disconnect sway bar endlinks and measure for the right length endlinks when everything is done.
Undo the lower shock mount bolts.
Loosen the control arm bolts and see how much that lowers the front just have them tight enough that they still move freely with no bind. Bounce it up and down and see if you can get it to settle. If it settles then tighten the bolts to the specified torques and then shock. With the car on the ground it will be difficult to get under there but it can be done. If not put some 2x6's under the front tires.

problem solved.....anyone wanna guess what this ass clown did somewhere around hour 11 1/2?...i'd be surprised if someone got it right, unless they did the same thing themselves....i'll post pics once its clean:)

how about mounted the front sway bar upside down? too much work for one day and no beer. that should be a lesson to us all.

im glad you think its funny....i didn't laught until a couple days later when I realized what the problem was.....apparently its pretty easy to flip it the wrong way unlike the rear bar:) the stance is perfect for me right now....i washed it last night and will remeasure on level ground but i believe its prob around 26" front and rear

frustrated trying to postpics..if someone has an email address they wanna give me i can shoot you the pics, so maybe you could post them 4 me..thanks.

Or just get a Mac.
or just do it with the "preview" feature on the PC. you can shrink or enlarge pics right there. but be careful- on Vista it autosaves it as soon as you select a size, so make a duplicate and then play with that one.

its mostly me, but partly the computer...i've tried...anyhooters I did take the pics, and measured....it sits about 26 1/4" all the way around...looks much better...im very happy

I measured my 86 GN with stock size tires. Car only has 25k miles on it. Height is 26 1/4". Now I need springs for my 87 GN. I have gnx flares. I don't know what springs are on the back and what springs I removed from the front. So I need to go with best guess at this point. I would like the front to sit a little lower than stock, but 26 1/4 would be ok. Would a longer ball joint help to lower the front end, and if so, can anybody recommend one that would mate well with the 5658 springs or the 5006 stock spring? Thanks.

The Howes tall lower ball joints are the way to go. They will lower the car 7/8" more and will help with bump steer issues. You may need adjustable upper a arms to align it though.

Back