You can type here any text you want

Looking For 9 or Low-10 Second "Keeper GN"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Hello All. O.K., I have reached the point where I have decided to find and keep the "Ultimate GN." See my signature and you can tell that I have not found it yet (O.K. I know I could have it built but....... don't want to) I am looking for a very low 10 second Buick but preferably a 9 second Buick with extreme modifications consistently capable of running 9 or 10-second quarters. It can be a GN, T-Type, Turbo Regal, etc.. Must be clean inside and out (atleast 6 out of 10). Would like A.C. but "can do without" if the car's performance is there and is consistent. I would also like to drive the car on the street but don't have to if it's a definite "kick butt" Buick that's meant for the track only. The car can either be a "Wicked 109", Stage 1, but preferrably Stage II because I have never owned a Staged motor yet.

I am definitely no tire kicker as you can see by the number of Buicks I have owned. I am ready to buy for the right price and have funds available to purchase the "right car." Please send PICs so I can have a better appreciation for your car. I promise not to waste anyone's time just as I do not want anyone to waste my time, if you think you do not have what I'm looking for in a Buick. Again, the "Ultimate Turbo Buick" that I hope to keep for a while is what I'm looking for. :cool:

Thanks All and I am looking forward to the correspondence

Don't know if I have what you are looking for or not and I know you can probably buy a similar car for less money, but I feel as though I have the ultimate buick IMHO. However the car is not cheap as I just got it back together and really like the car to be honest with you. Car has made 10 passes all in the 10.10-10.50 range on a very conservative 19 lbs. of boost. and tuneup. Car should run mid 9's all day long on 25-26 psi. and a bit more aggressive tuneup. Conleys performance originally built the car and I have since made some changes/improvements. Car has very nice factory paint and near mint interior IMO. No heat or A/C, car is street legal with the exception of the slicks and exhaust ( has muffler, but is loud). More details in my sig. Would like $35K for the car. Like I said, It's not cheap, but I'm not tired of it yet either. Let me know, Drew

flipmo said:
Hello All. O.K., I have reached the point where I have decided to find and keep the "Ultimate GN." See my signature and you can tell that I have not found it yet (O.K. I know I could have it built but....... don't want to) I am looking for a very low 10 second Buick but preferably a 9 second Buick with extreme modifications consistently capable of running 9 or 10-second quarters. It can be a GN, T-Type, Turbo Regal, etc.. Must be clean inside and out (atleast 6 out of 10). Would like A.C. but "can do without" if the car's performance is there and is consistent. I would also like to drive the car on the street but don't have to if it's a definite "kick butt" Buick that's meant for the track only. The car can either be a "Wicked 109", Stage 1, but preferrably Stage II because I have never owned a Staged motor yet.

I am definitely no tire kicker as you can see by the number of Buicks I have owned. I am ready to buy for the right price and have funds available to purchase the "right car." Please send PICs so I can have a better appreciation for your car. I promise not to waste anyone's time just as I do not want anyone to waste my time, if you think you do not have what I'm looking for in a Buick. Again, the "Ultimate Turbo Buick" that I hope to keep for a while is what I'm looking for. :cool:

Thanks All and I am looking forward to the correspondence

PICs Available?

O.K. The performance definitely has my attention :eek:. I know what it takes to build a kick butt Buick (been there). That's why I want it already done this time. Can you send all the availbale PICs you have of the car to the following email address: flipmo92@aol.com. So, no 9 second pass yet? Are/Were you simply being conservative during the 1/4 mile passes? Just wondering.

Thanks

65vette396 said:
Don't know if I have what you are looking for or not and I know you can probably buy a similar car for less money, but I feel as though I have the ultimate buick IMHO. However the car is not cheap as I just got it back together and really like the car to be honest with you. Car has made 10 passes all in the 10.10-10.50 range on a very conservative 19 lbs. of boost. and tuneup. Car should run mid 9's all day long on 25-26 psi. and a bit more aggressive tuneup. Conleys performance originally built the car and I have since made some changes/improvements. Car has very nice factory paint and near mint interior IMO. No heat or A/C, car is street legal with the exception of the slicks and exhaust ( has muffler, but is loud). More details in my sig. Would like $35K for the car. Like I said, It's not cheap, but I'm not tired of it yet either. Let me know, Drew

Will send pics today. I have over $70,000 worth of combined reciepts with the car if that is any indication of what it actually costs to build a car like this (granted these are including the prior two owners, but none the less). You are correct, it is much more cost effective to buy a car already done than build one. No 9 sec pass just yet. I have been very conservative on the previously mentioned passes as the motor is just getting broken in for one, has maybe 150 miles on it and these were the first 10 passes I have made in the car. I wanted to make sure the car went nice and straight before I turned the wick up (which it does). The car leaves straight as an arrow and marches down the track like it was on rails. Also, my track only had sunoco 112 available and I don't wanna crank it up on junk fuel. All of the 10 sec passes have been made with a very conservative tuneup. Wideband reads in the high 10's the entire pass. I believe it would go 9.90's - 9.80's if I just leaned it out into the mid 11's. There is no doubt in my mind the car will run mid 9's with another 6-7 lbs. of boost and C-16. Thanks, Drew

flipmo said:
O.K. The performance definitely has my attention :eek:. I know what it takes to build a kick butt Buick (been there). That's why I want it already done this time. Can you send all the availbale PICs you have of the car to the following email address: flipmo92@aol.com. So, no 9 second pass yet? Are/Were you simply being conservative during the 1/4 mile passes? Just wondering.

Thanks

Drew, sounds great. Shoot me the PICs and let's get down to business. Where are you located? :cool:

65vette396 said:
Will send pics today. I have over $70,000 worth of combined reciepts with the car if that is any indication of what it actually costs to build a car like this (granted these are including the prior two owners, but none the less). You are correct, it is much more cost effective to buy a car already done than build one. No 9 sec pass just yet. I have been very conservative on the previously mentioned passes as the motor is just getting broken in for one, has maybe 150 miles on it and these were the first 10 passes I have made in the car. I wanted to make sure the car went nice and straight before I turned the wick up (which it does). The car leaves straight as an arrow and marches down the track like it was on rails. Also, my track only had sunoco 112 available and I don't wanna crank it up on junk fuel. All of the 10 sec passes have been made with a very conservative tuneup. Wideband reads in the high 10's the entire pass. I believe it would go 9.90's - 9.80's if I just leaned it out into the mid 11's. There is no doubt in my mind the car will run mid 9's with another 6-7 lbs. of boost and C-16. Thanks, Drew

Where are the "Hot (10 Seconds) and Fast (9 Seconds) Buicks?"

O.K. So far I have had one "Hot Buick" to step to the plate. Are there any more "Fast Buicks" out there? I'm a serious buyer guys who's still open for any available options. Hopefully I get more feedback leading into the weekend.

Thanks again in advance for considering selling your car

flip

Drew, you're making me nervous!!! Where are you man?

65vette396 said:

My car is not officially for sale, but can go to the right buyer at the right price. This car will not be cheap as I have no incentive to sell, except that I have been too busy to work on it and enjoy it over the last year. Someone else can enjoy for the right price.

See pictures and details at www.ebuslink.com/John - car has won 3 1st place class trophies in 3 car shows entered.

Only thing not yet on the car is the transbrake. It and a good tune session at the track is the only thing keeping me from a mid 9 second pass. In my opinion, I have "the" unbreakable street stage II gn. Read the description carefully and you'll know why. Drives like a Caddy and is a monster when your foot is in it.

Every part on the drivetrain except rods and heads is/was brand new during the build over the past 3 years. Current setup has <2000 real miles on it.

John

PM Sent and please respond

Eticket said:
My car is not officially for sale, but can go to the right buyer at the right price. This car will not be cheap as I have no incentive to sell, except that I have been too busy to work on it and enjoy it over the last year. Someone else can enjoy for the right price.

See pictures and details at www.ebuslink.com/John - car has won 3 1st place class trophies in 3 car shows entered.

Only thing not yet on the car is the transbrake. It and a good tune session at the track is the only thing keeping me from a mid 9 second pass. In my opinion, I have "the" unbreakable street stage II gn. Read the description carefully and you'll know why. Drives like a Caddy and is a monster when your foot is in it.

Every part on the drivetrain except rods and heads is/was brand new during the build over the past 3 years. Current setup has <2000 real miles on it.

John

Just an fyi, but Drew (65vette396) is a good guy. A guy I used to be good friends with bought a car from him several years ago. He's good people..

Where Is He?

Great and glad to hear that. Now if he only gets back with me I'll be O.K. I think I scared him because I was tooooo interested in his car, when he may not really want to sale. We'll see.

Thanks

1ARUNEM said:
Just an fyi, but Drew (65vette396) is a good guy. A guy I used to be good friends with bought a car from him several years ago. He's good people..

1ARUNEM said:

Thank you sir. I appreciate the kind words. How is my old car doing these days if you know? Flip I will get you some more pics of the car today. Have been very busy. Talk to ya' later, Drew

Hey contact Russ Merritt,He has a 109 car that ran 10.28 at the nats last year off the footbrake,still a/c and all
I would consider it an 8 or 9 out of a 10
He just put in a fresh motor also,High dollar all billet trans and convertor,etc......

Thanks a lot. Contact made. Sounds great.

flip

KLHAMMETT said:
Hey contact Russ Merritt,He has a 109 car that ran 10.28 at the nats last year off the footbrake,still a/c and all
I would consider it an 8 or 9 out of a 10
He just put in a fresh motor also,High dollar all billet trans and convertor,etc......

Patience is a "Virtue" - Keeping My Options Open

Thanks everyone for the responses thus far; however, I am still keeping my options open for a 10.50 or faster Buick that's in "Gr8" shape. Several appealing options so far but again I know there are plenty of "Fast Buicks" remaining out there that are just hard to part with.

I am being extremely patient for "the right one" to come along and just blow me off my feet. Though several have been really close to doing so.

Bring it on guys and please tell me what you have.

Thanks Again

flip :cool:

:eek:

Attachments

• DSC00583.JPG
    DSC00583.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 524
Back