You can type here any text you want

Looking For 9 or Low-10 Second "Keeper GN"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
BLK87GN, what does your car run in the 1/4 and what has it dynoed at? I assume it is turn key and tuned? Car looks good. What does the paint and interior rate at out of a 10?

Tom

BLK87GN said:
I'm at home for the next couple hours, if you're not too busy call away.

Nice talking with you BLK87GN. I will keep everything in mind. So far guys, I have two cars that are basically tied for 1st Place and neither is a Stage II car (doesn't have to be); however, both are capable of a high-9 second pass and currently both run low-10s all day, consistently (one with cage and one without). Tough, tough, tough decision to make. That's why I love this sight and all the many options that have been presented itself. I am amazed so far that no one wants to offer up there Stage II car for a reasonable price or right price. In addition, a Stage II car that actually has nearly everything working as it should.

Guys, I haven't yet made a decision because one of the cars is still being put together and will take a couple more weeks to finish. As I mentioned earlier, I am prepared to buy now; however, that "Blow-Me-Away-GN" still haven't presented itself yet.

Thanks and Still Open For Options Until The One Gets Completed

flip

flipmo said:
Nice talking with you BLK87GN. I will keep everything in mind. So far guys, I have two cars that are basically tied for 1st Place and neither is a Stage II car (doesn't have to be); however, both are capable of a high-9 second pass and currently both run low-10s all day, consistently (one with cage and one without). Tough, tough, tough decision to make. That's why I love this sight and all the many options that have been presented itself. I am amazed so far that no one wants to offer up there Stage II car for a reasonable price or right price. In addition, a Stage II car that actually has nearly everything working as it should.

Guys, I haven't yet made a decision because one of the cars is still being put together and will take a couple more weeks to finish. As I mentioned earlier, I am prepared to buy now; however, that "Blow-Me-Away-GN" still haven't presented itself yet.

Thanks and Still Open For Options Until The One Gets Completed

flip

Everything on my car works as it should and is a stage II car. I think I fit in the not so reasonably priced category ;) . Let me know if you get your heart right and wanna buy a real car ;) :p Hahahahaha Talk to ya' later, Drew

The Big Gun

65vette396 said:
Everything on my car works as it should and is a stage II car. I think I fit in the not so reasonably priced category ;) . Let me know if you get your heart right and wanna buy a real car ;) :p Hahahahaha Talk to ya' later, Drew

Hey Drew and how are you? Well, let me first of all correct myself. Everyone who submitted an option to me "all" had classy cars that were very impressive and fast. Yes, the several Stage II guys who did submit was slightly off (not by much) of my paying price. Also, every Stage II car submitted was already in the high-9 range which is also what I wanted from the beginning.

The only difference came when weighing all the pros and cons together (i.e. Cage, No cage, AC, Engine Specs, Suspension Specs, True Performance Facts Such as Timeslips, Dyno Numbers, Engine Management, Nicks, Dings, Leaks, Paint Conditiona and Color, T-Tops, Hardtops, Interior Condition, etc.....). There is absolutely no denying anyone's car for what I am looking for. Yet, price feasibility coupled with proven, potential, and desired performance are most appealing and convincing for me - A true "Business Decision".

Drew, I tell you what. If you come down a few $$$$$, a deal could be pending :D. So then I would test your heart :cool: By the way, Super Setup Man :biggrin:

Thanks

flip

Good Luck

flipmo said:
Hey Drew and how are you? Well, let me first of all correct myself. Everyone who submitted an option to me "all" had classy cars that were very impressive and fast. Yes, the several Stage II guys who did submit was slightly off (not by much) of my paying price. Also, every Stage II car submitted was already in the high-9 range which is also what I wanted from the beginning.

The only difference came when weighing all the pros and cons together (i.e. Cage, No cage, AC, Engine Specs, Suspension Specs, True Performance Facts Such as Timeslips, Dyno Numbers, Engine Management, Nicks, Dings, Leaks, Paint Conditiona and Color, T-Tops, Hardtops, Interior Condition, etc.....). There is absolutely no denying anyone's car for what I am looking for. Yet, price feasibility coupled with proven, potential, and desired performance are most appealing and convincing for me - A true "Business Decision".

Drew, I tell you what. If you come down a few $$$$$, a deal could be pending :D. So then I would test your heart :cool: By the way, Super Setup Man :biggrin:

Thanks

flip

Flip, good luck! I've been looking my self for that one GN that set it self apart from the others. The difference is that I did find it, but the owner decided he did not want to part with it at this time. I'll say one thing, Drew's car is an awesome piece. If I was into T Type's and not your typical black GN, I would have picked that car up quickly. Very nice, clean and detailed. And no, I don't know him. There were a few more nice GN's that I've seen that looked good as well. Again, good luck finding what you want.

OneFastGN274 said:
Flip, good luck! I've been looking my self for that one GN that set it self apart from the others. The difference is that I did find it, but the owner decided he did not want to part with it at this time. I'll say one thing, Drew's car is an awesome piece. If I was into T Type's and not your typical black GN, I would have picked that car up quickly. Very nice, clean and detailed. And no, I don't know him. There were a few more nice GN's that I've seen that looked good as well. Again, good luck finding what you want.

Hey Thanks OneFastGN274 for the inspiration. I tell you what, finding this car is actually harder than I thought it would be. I thought I would easily be able to get lucky on the first couple of tries; however, tough, tough, tough decisions, as I mentioned earlier. Yes, there are some extremely nice GNs, T-Types, and Turbo Ts out there, but I have vowed to myself to be patient first of all, and second to be happy with my deal (long-lasting hopefully).

I definitely have no quarrels with anyone who is trying to get "Top Dollar" for their car. I would also do the same. Funny thing though, about a month ago there was a 10-second buick that sold for I think $10K because the guy didn't want the EX to get it during the settlement procedings. Damn, why that type of SH-T can't happen to me :D. I do have two Gr8 options staring me in the face so far; however, I have to be patient with one until complete. Wish me luck as this GN hunting is not quite over yet.

Anyway, thanks again for the vote of confidence

flip

No problem!

Anyway, thanks again for the vote of confidence

flip[/QUOTE]

Flip, I don't know if you saw my wanted ad? If you have, then you have noticed that I have been looking for that one car a bit longer than you have. I'm trying to hang on as well, but we have to be patient and not just settle but settle for something you can live with and not regret. You seem to know what you want, but be careful. You also don't want to snooze and get caught up on that deal that you'll continue to say I should have, kicking your self in the behind. :D Keep looking! :frown:

flipmo said:

Thanks

flip

Flip, I was just giving you **** man. I appreciate the kind words about my car and it all does work well and after this coming Saturday it will be solidly in the 9's as I am gonna turn up the wick just a bit more. I'll tell you what I will do, I will split the difference between my offer and your offer and that is as good as it will get. Good luck, Drew

Flip,Give Russ a chance to get the fresh motor in,Then go see the car,You wont be dissapointed

KLHAMMETT said:
Flip,Give Russ a chance to get the fresh motor in,Then go see the car,You wont be dissapointed

Hey KLHAMMETT and how are you? Man, you burst my bubble and I guess the cat's out of the bag now. How did you know Russ's car was one of the two that is tied for 1st place. Been chatting with him a lot and it's really coming along "Gr8".

No decision yet as I am still considering a similar build, but yes, will be patient until he has everything up and running smoothly. Like I said earlier, I want to be happy with this "Business Decision" and don't wont to second guess what I Could Have, Should Have, but Didn't Decision! Wish me luck.

Now, Drew has me thinking, thinking, thinking again with his offer :confused: I kind of, from the beginning knew that there would be two to three cars that would have me scratching my head severely and I think the three are now staring me in my face. I think I will have to do a "Decision Analysis/Cost Analysis" exercise to determine which of the possible options is my best choice. I just want to assure everyone that I am not kicking tires and that I have every intention on buying (see track record). Again, funds are available and I will continue to patiently wait, at least until Russ's build is complete or another option blows me away.

We'll See

Thanks

flip

65vette396 said:
Flip, I was just giving you **** man. I appreciate the kind words about my car and it all does work well and after this coming Saturday it will be solidly in the 9's as I am gonna turn up the wick just a bit more. I'll tell you what I will do, I will split the difference between my offer and your offer and that is as good as it will get. Good luck, Drew

Drew, don't count me out yet and thanks for the counter-offer. See my previous reply to KLHAMMETT. I guess I really can't complain at all as you did go half between my and your offer (thanks). Tell you what, after you return from your next race, can you give me the new numbers and changes you made to get them.

You did tickle my funny bone and I am interested in knowing the outcome.

Thanks Big Guy

flip

The rest of the pullies will be here tomorrow or first thing next week. The new water lines for the turbo came in and I didn't like how one of them was going to line up so I got another 45* hose end. Be all set now. Been sick for a few days, can't seem to shake it..... I'll get back on it soon as I can.

Russ Merritt said:
The rest of the pullies will be here tomorrow or first thing next week. The new water lines for the turbo came in and I didn't like how one of them was going to line up so I got another 45* hose end. Be all set now. Been sick for a few days, can't seem to shake it..... I'll get back on it soon as I can.

Thanks Russ. Looking forward to the completed project. Appears you have a plausible reputation on this board for Gr8 work and building fast buicks. I can tell you are a perfectionist, which is Gr8. Don't let TurboBuick down :cool:. Now, get over that sickness and get back to work :D. You have people waiting, like me :biggrin:.

Get Well Bro

Took the car to Anderson Performance this weekend and had it tuned. Picked up another 200 rwhp. from where it was running the 10.17 pass. Should go mid nines all day long now and it still has a safe tuneup in her. Drew

65vette396 said:
Took the car to Anderson Performance this weekend and had it tuned. Picked up another 200 rwhp. from where it was running the 10.17 pass. Should go mid nines all day long now and it still has a safe tuneup in her. Drew

Tony is only about an hour away from us and I guarantee he would have been all over that car if he had known it was going to be there! Nice piece and keep me posted when you get it to the track. Seeing your car brought back alot of memories from the "old" days, alot of innovative stuff on it.

Back