You can type here any text you want

Looking for a 1987 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rx7>rx8

Looking for either a running GN or a GN that has some mechanical problems to it. I only have about 6,000 to spend on the car, so I don't care if it needs repainted, has a SMALL amount of rust. Not SWISS CHEESE rust, but the kind that can be sanded and repainted, can have a few small dings and dents.

Might help to post where you're at (ie: what State). Take a quick look in this section. You'll find lots of good cars at reasonable prices. Don't discount the 86GN's or the TTypes either. Might be surprised...

Good Luck.

yes.

take a look at chris360 ad in this section. the LC2 option shows it is the same turbo engine from the factory as the GN. Even it is a T-type that someone has added GN interior options etc to-it looks like a great deal to me. You could wait a year and not see a better deal in this range.

The 87's were rated I think 10 more HP than the 86's, but Im pretty sure it was only a numbers game and no real difference, although maybe someone who knows more than me might chime in.
Steve

10 hp rating is correct. Not sure if accurate.

I think you may want to do some more research before you buy. Just to make sure what you're buying.

The 86 and 87 models are intercooled and more desirable than the older 82, 84, and 85 models that were not intercoold hence the moniker "hot air"

You can surely find them cheaper but most prefer the IC'd models 86 and 87.

Good Luck in your search,:cool:

Midwest. Were there any performance changes in between 1986 and 1987?

midwest is not a state...;) Are you in OH, KY, MI, etc...? Maybe one of the local TR guys can give you more input and maybe help you look at a car once you find what you're looking for.

Ouch. :eek: Not sure how many TR guys you'll find there.. I'm sure there will ba a few. Might pop over to the "midwest" section and introduce yourself. Might be able to find a few knowledgabe people there... If not you can always ask questions around here. BTW, you may want to check out Turbo Regal Web Site Lots of good info there too.

Good Luck on your search.

$6k is going to be tough to find a good running car that is not in need of a lot of cosmetic and mechanical work.

They DO come up but are rare to find a sub $6k car and not need 2500 worth of work to get it all in tip top shape.

x10:eek:

If you like to tinker and have some money socked away go for it and buy a cheaper "project". It's fun (and frstrating) but when you're done, it done the way you want it. It WILL BE EXPENSIVE. Ask me how I know.

If you do not want to tinker or the hassle of fighting with every little issue, do yourself a favor and spend the money to buy one that is already finished. Most of these cars cannot be duplicated for what they are being sold for. So what if you need to get a loan to buy the car, at least you'll get to drive it and enjoy it right away and it WILL COST LESS than doing it yourself unless you are a buick/mechanical expert and have paint and body and trans and interior,etc skills...

Good Luck.:cool:

I,VE GOT ONE FOR YOU SPEND WAY MORE THAN 6K ON ENGINE:eek: AT HYE TECH PERFORMANCE . 7K AND ITS YOURS...

x10:eek:

If you like to tinker and have some money socked away go for it and buy a cheaper "project". It's fun (and frstrating) but when you're done, it done the way you want it. It WILL BE EXPENSIVE. Ask me how I know.

X2
Very frustrating at times, i am still in the process.

Good luck in your search.

Seen some Turbo Regals for that price, but you better act fast and be willing to travel.

Back