looking for all day 11's on pump gas....how?

I use strictly 93-94 octane in my car with the Alky. My car is set on "kill" constantly and I have been running 24lbs of boost on the street with no problems. I have actually been making it faster a little at a time with more timing. I can drive my car anywhere...I always bring more alky along for a ride just to be safe.
I had to pull my turbo off to replace a seal and out the stocker back on for now. Its amazing how lame it feels with the stock turbo.

I have to throw my .02 in here it can be done! I have done it. My GN te-45 front mount 72's DFI home ported heads stock valves 62-65 TB and precision doghouse. lost things like AC and PS but it is still pretty heavy 3600ish with me in it. I was running et streets (they are a street tire) but more importantly I had a one wheel wonder as my posi clutches were literally broken (found that our afterwards (1.77-2.0 60 ft)) I was running 18-19psi 93 octane no alky and ran 1/8 mile all night except the last 2 runs (didn't want to get kicked out too early as I had no cage then) ran a 12.0 and an 11.99 at 113.5-114.5 this was with very little tuning for WOT on the DFI and EGT's were in check. it is quite streatable, it can be done. From what I have seen on my cars the combo of a front mount ported heads and the doghouse/TB combo allows someone to run quite a bit more boost on street gas. but that is just what I have seen.

the funniest run of that night was against a nos LS1, he got the jump I cought him by 60 ft got out of it at half track and still crossed before him 12.4 @88 but it was my best 1/8 mile but only a 2.0 60 ft damn that's fun

Originally posted by ULYCYC
Well I don't see it as a waste. Since I have no roll bar and I drive my car daily and crank up the AC on hot days and get 25mpg on the highway. When some one pulls up to me and wants to race, I don't have to say "wait I have to turn up my boost add alchy and change my chip first" I also know I "CAN" crank up the boost add race gas and change the chip, mount slicks and run 11.0 ;)

My thoughts exactally. One of these days... one of these days... :cool:

TTA89

My 98 has the normal LS1 stuff
MAC mid lenght headers with custom off-road pipe
home ported maff,yank 3000 str 2.?
NX wet 50-150 hp
mufflex 4" exh.
BBK 80mm tb
weld in sfc's
adjustable lca's
dynoed at 431hp&588ftlbs at rear wheels on nos with 1/3 full bottle(made 2 pulls before the dyno operator figured out what he was doing wrong,had allready made 2 nos passes at track also
on same bottle)
322hp&355ftlbs on motor.
all before 80mm BBK and 4"mufflex exh.
4" exh gave me 3 more mpg:D now at 27 on highway.
tranny has been on it's way out the door for 2+years now:mad:
has neaver made more than a 75hp nos pass without hitting the rev limiter.
now will not shift into 3rd on motor at full throttle:mad:
:D my last try at VMP was a 13.30 in second gear.
need a tranny and the LS6 intake off my 2002.