looking for all day 11's on pump gas....how?

looks like ill see if i cant pick up an alky kit in BG when i look for a new engine. Thanks for the responses guys.

Dan

It can be done.

:D I did it and I don't know squat! But then again Turbo Mike built my car and I guess he does know squat!
Only made 5 passes on this car and 4 of them have been faster than 11.80, all 117+mph. at 18psi (in cold air I must say)
All on 93 octane and no alky. No weight reduction.
I think Bobby Mason's car runs similar to mine on pump gas also.

another 10 sec car wasted......why spend all that money and limit the performance of your car by running pump gas?

Different strokes, different folks, I guess......to each his own

yeap......i kinda agree with azgn now that i see it will take a 10sec car to run 11s safely on the street. Why spend the cash to go 10s when u can spend the cash to go 12s normally and 11s with alky and still have some left over to take out the GF:D

Dan

:( sorry you don't approve. Right now I don't have the money to fix it if I blow it up. Baby on the way and might have to sell it too:( can't get much money for a blown up GN:eek:
Hopefully I sell my 2002 T/A first:) Then I can get some $6.50 a gallon fuel and I won't be a bum:(. Naaa... I'll still be a bum:)

wouldnt u be more apt to blow it up runnning 11s on pump gas no alky?

I have no knock at 18 psi (in cold air, maybe when it's hot? I don't know) I think 18 wouldbe eaiser on the bottom end than 26 would be. I don't have time to change head gaskets right now, need to free up some money with only one income:(
Won't be back to the track until I sell my T/A.

Well I don't see it as a waste. Since I have no roll bar and I drive my car daily and crank up the AC on hot days and get 25mpg on the highway. When some one pulls up to me and wants to race, I don't have to say "wait I have to turn up my boost add alchy and change my chip first" I also know I "CAN" crank up the boost add race gas and change the chip, mount slicks and run 11.0 ;)

Originally posted by TurboDave

Vader sort of eluded to it, in his own sly way ;)

You want to run "honest" mid/high 11's in pur street trim with pump gas only, you'll need an honest mid 10 second motor (in race trim) to do it. Why bother spending that kind of money.
I feel perfectly secure knowing my car will only run in the mid 12's in purely street trim. But trim it for the track and things get a lot more interesting.

LOL...:D

Originally posted by azgn
another 10 sec car wasted......why spend all that money and limit the performance of your car by running pump gas?

Different strokes, different folks, I guess......to each his own

I don't think the plan ever was for anybody to make a 10 sec car and just run 11's with it. The question was, can it run 11's on 93. YES! it can.

I don't know about the Saturday night fun going on in your town, but I can easily drive 125 miles a night for some street racing. If I want to run on those nights, I know what I am running and not coming up with the TR excuse book about how a 10 sec car just got beat by an 11 sec car on the street!

Where does all this motor blowing thing on 93 come from? Hell, a night at the track is an easy night on my car compared to the local gatherings on saturday night.

I ran a 7.5@90mph in the 1/8th on 93 octane pump gas running 15psi with a TE-44 turbo......that should be easy 11s.

that was with no alky of course, since you don't require it at such low boost.

there is no secret, big intercooler and big heads (GN1s). and I used my trusty Jay carter 18 degree street chip. :)

so does that mean I have a 10 sec race trim car???

I do not think so..... maybe, but with a Te-44 (with a stock garrett exhaust housing) I really doubt I can run 10s.

as I said, different strokes for different folks...when I talk racing, I mean at the drag strip.....guess I should have clarified that....no interest in street racing......

Originally posted by azgn
as I said, different strokes for different folks...when I talk racing, I mean at the drag strip.....guess I should have clarified that....no interest in street racing......

I agree....street racing is no fun once youve been to the track

Originally posted by Vader 87

I agree....street racing is no fun once youve been to the track

Been street racing and track racing since 1968 and both makes me:)

I get way more of a thrill from street racing than track racing.. Just that track racing is illegal.

I think street racing is fun cause most of the time people really have NO idea whats going on. At least at the track people have some idea about how fast certian cars are.

I love the kids in the Civics on the street that challenge LS1s and stuff. Its a riot to toy around with a kid in 16 second civic on the highway :D

When some one pulls up to me and wants to race, I don't have to say "wait I have to turn up my boost add alchy and change my chip first" I also know I "CAN" crank up the boost add race gas and change the chip, mount slicks and run 11.0

Thats what I like about alky. I don't have to change anything. I'm in kill mode all the time. If I do anything I turn the boost commander up 1 lb, turn the alky dial up a little, and change the Max Effort chip 1 setting leaner. That takes me, oh lets say, 3 seconds.