You can type here any text you want

Looking for excel file to avg a log file to make VE corrections - Fast classic

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

troyk

I am interested in a functionality that is in HPtuners that logs corrections to AFR per cell as you drive & gives you average correction per cell.

For those that are not familiar with HPtuners. I drive my car for an hour while it is logging. Then at the end it shows me the average percent of correction per cell on the VE table.

I'm thinking someone has made an excel file that does this already. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel, as I'm not that good with excel formulas. Anybody know of any posts with these files? And maybe instructions on how to populate the excel file, as it don't look like the tables can be copy & pasted to excel.

Side note, I would like to do this avg on the timing table too, but I'm guessing no one has made a xls for this. If I get the VE correction xls file, maybe I could figure out how to do it for timing table. The idea behind this is to just find which cells are getting knock retard. Then I know which cells to pull the timing back on or add timing till I get knock, then back off a couple degrees.

This is a link to another site that appears to talk about this, but they didn't post files & they are talking XFI.
http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/open-fast-ict-files-excel-other-3515.html

There's a tuner that shows up at LS1tech, EFILIVE, and HPT forum. His name is Marcin.
Here's a link to his site. He may have what U R looking for.
http://redhardsupra.blogspot.com/
AT EFILIVE, we use a log proceedure called Calc.vet. It does the logging, then applies the changes w/o having to use a spread sheet. A look at the forum @ www.efilive.com may help.

You do know you can just data log and overlay the log on each of those tables? When you are overlaying the fuel table, look at the correction and apply it to that cell. When you are overlaying the timing, I wouldn't worry about an "average" knock in any timing cell, I would worry about "any" knock.

You do know you can just data log and overlay the log on each of those tables? When you are overlaying the fuel table, look at the correction and apply it to that cell. When you are overlaying the timing, I wouldn't worry about an "average" knock in any timing cell, I would worry about "any" knock.

Yes, but log overlay only does correction based off 1 reading not possibly hundreds from a long drive.
Yeah, timing retard avg is just to let me know it is greater than zero.

Chuck: I'll look at these after I get back from this lunch thing. gobble, gobble.

Wow that Fast manual link still works.....:) Anyway , your correction and auto tune will be all over the place, as the engine temp changes, under hood temp and as the fuel temp changes, and depending what gear your in as cells can overlap in certain points depending on tps angles. No real solution to this unless FAST comes out with a fuel gear compensation table depending on what gear your in, and this may only help a bit as other factors are still present influencing things. I don;t think this will ever be implemented, as the general O2 correction works good enough, and only a few tuners are fussy about the tune to get it perfect....

You will see what I mean if you watch you tune for a 10 drive then driving the car for 1 hour things will change as heat saturates eveything.

Norbz: Yeah, I checked the link, it still works. I'm surprise the manual hasn't been repaired or died, since FAST came out with their own manual & I see they have a DVD & of course their are forums.

I've been out of the game for a while, my last log recording shows 2007. My car blew a head gasket & I knew I wanted to do other work & that would run me many thousands which I didn't have, so the car has been setting. I had a few thousand save to do the work, but now they say my motor needs a rebuild. The cam went flat(going to roller cam now to rid this problem), bearings are shot, for some reason crank is hitting the oil pan tray & bent it down. Also got the trans at Vince Janis's to have all the harden parts put in. So now my car is apart now, I'm thinking about it again, but have my doubts on having the money to put it back together again. I don't do my own work.

Anyway, back on subject. AE corrections: My daily driver is a Cobalt SS turbo & is where my experience is for HPTuners. I think they had me removed the connector for the evap & this helps with one variable. Then do the avg logging. This can be done with FAST, just got to warm up the car with normal prog, then DL a prog with some flat AEs, not all of coarse.

I've seen the problem with the many variable problems causing problems getting the right VE. I spent a month in a half tuning that car & I was using logs of my 2hr a day round trips to work. 1st started out correcting by the day of logs, then 2 day, then a week, doing half the corrections than what was spit out by the logs at the end. IT seem to be the right way to do things, but I know now that my car has problems with cold coolant temps, the VE and/or MAF cal must be off. It never dies or is hard to start, but can buck you or it sputters or throws a cylinder 4 misfire code. I assume the coolant AE is still correct & it is my tune that is messed up. Probably not just the cold coolant area, hot is probably more forgiving. Also, the car does something fancy the 1st ~30sec to heat up the CAT, I think the problems only happen in this mode.

I don't know what the XFI has for what is pushing as auto tune(L key or something else), do they some how remove the AEs before they do the auto tune or just not auto tune if something like a delta change in TPS happens?

It's just to bad we can't up grade our GNs to all the new tech that is in motors now. It is sure nice to run 25psi with the direct injection without meth or race gas.

Back