You can type here any text you want

Looking for Guy with t-type I raced on Randall Rd

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

We were racing around on Randall Rd in Algonquin On Saturday the 24th. Just looking to get in contact with you that was awesome. I had the turbo trans am.

Your 85 must be pretty fast, I've been spanked by an STI before. Caught up to him at a red light and he told me he wasn't even in 6th yet. :o

The Subaru was right behind me at a red light and I saw the three young ones in the Suburu pointing at me and laughing. I punched it and gave them my lane and they couldn't catch me and I was gone. I do have a Jimmys trans- He is good. Brad

Yeah, I was racing on the highway, starting from 55-60mph, probably why I didn't have a chance.

bison said:
We didn't race from a dead stop or anything, but my car was a little faster. He told me he knew my car wasn't stock because his wasn't stock either. He got on it at like 15mph in front of me and roasted his tires pretty good. It was totally cool. It's just to bad traffic was kind of heavy. I love it! when you see someone in a fast car, and they will actually drive it fast. I don't like all these losers that have vettes, or any fast car and they drive them like grandma's

Turbo6Chicago said:
Yeah, I was racing on the highway, starting from 55-60mph, probably why I didn't have a chance.
You are lucky then you didn't race from a stop. 0-60 is where the Subaru's are strongest. I had a STi and the 1st few gears are awsome then after that they are just o.k..

Completely off subject but I test drove a Turbo Outback wagon Saturday. It was an automatic. Felt pretty good, not much lag and felt like a mid 15 second ride. Not bad for a winter friendly daily driver.

dvernst said:
We were racing around on Randall Rd in Algonquin On Saturday the 24th. Just looking to get in contact with you that was awesome. I had the turbo trans am.

There are few guys over there in the Crystal Lake/Lake in the hills area with Turbo Buicks. We always cruz up and down Randall road. Was it a GN or a T type?

Prasad

1970gsx said:
You are lucky then you didn't race from a stop. 0-60 is where the Subaru's are strongest. I had a STi and the 1st few gears are awsome then after that they are just o.k..
I was racing a T-Type not a Subaru. No one ever pays attention to what I say now you hurt my feelings.

wickedv6 said:
There are few guys over there in the Crystal Lake/Lake in the hills area with Turbo Buicks. We always cruz up and down Randall road. Was it a GN or a T type?

Prasad
It was an orange T-Type. We slowed down a little, and I asked him if he ever went on this web-site, and he said yes. He also said he just bought it from a guy in Hobart Indiana.

DVERNST- I live just down the road from you and I did see a copper 86/87 TTYPE going south on Randall just south of Longmeadow Pkwy about a week and a half ago while I was tuning. I blew by and gave him the thumbs up. If interested I can give you an idea about where to tune. Good luck- Brad

dvernst said:
I was racing a T-Type not a Subaru. No one ever pays attention to what I say now you hurt my feelings.
Now you hurt MY feelings... I quoted turbo6chicago who said he got smoked by an STi from a 60 roll. ;)

dvernst said:
It was an orange T-Type. We slowed down a little, and I asked him if he ever went on this web-site, and he said yes. He also said he just bought it from a guy in Hobart Indiana.

In your area there is Don with a Yellow T type, Steve with Powder blue Limited,(beautiful car) and his black turbo T, Mike with two his GNs and a Silver T type( stage car), Ray with his GN and Bob with Porsche hybrid . Now I guess there is an Orange one. Soon or later we will find out who he is.

Hey checkout the Midwest section of this fourm, on August 17th we are getting together for a local picnic. It’s in Iowa, just across the border. Little over 100 miles or so from our area. If you are interested you are more than welcome to join us, this way you can meet most of the local guys. You may also want to check out the Chicago chapter Buick club, they are bunch of good guys willing to help with any problems we come across with our Buicks.

HTH
Prasad

Prasad

1970gsx said:
Now you hurt MY feelings... I quoted turbo6chicago who said he got smoked by an STi from a 60 roll. ;)
Oh man mine are hurt again. Now you just proved I don't know how to read. Sorry! Anyway I saw an STI and an Evo racing a few weeks ago it was pretty cool. It looked like the Evo was up front by a little, but they were pretty much dead even.

wickedv6 said:
In your area there is Don with a Yellow T type, Steve with Powder blue Limited,(beautiful car) and his black turbo T, Mike with two his GNs and a Silver T type( stage car), Ray with his GN and Bob with Porsche hybrid . Now I guess there is an Orange one. Soon or later we will find out who he is.

Hey checkout the Midwest section of this fourm, on August 17th we are getting together for a local picnic. It’s in Iowa, just across the border. Little over 100 miles or so from our area. If you are interested you are more than welcome to join us, this way you can meet most of the local guys. You may also want to check out the Chicago chapter Buick club, they are bunch of good guys willing to help with any problems we come across with our Buicks.

HTH
Prasad
O.k. Thanks I'll have to check those things out. I was arrested for wreckless driving in my Conquest in Elburn a long time ago. I was at the Ice cream shop on Randall rd I believe. Oh well it's a good memory

O.k. Thanks I'll have to check those things out. I was arrested for wreckless driving in my Conquest in Elburn a long time ago. I was at the Ice cream shop on Randall rd I believe. Oh well it's a good memory[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean, even though I live in Elburn, I am actually in the unincorporated section. I am actually 2 miles east of town of Elburn. The cops are a$$holes there. I stay away from there as much as I can.

Hmmm, a Conquest, we are in the process of installing a GN powertrain in an 87 Conquest as we speak.

Prasad

wickedv6 said:
O.k. Thanks I'll have to check those things out. I was arrested for wreckless driving in my Conquest in Elburn a long time ago. I was at the Ice cream shop on Randall rd I believe. Oh well it's a good memory

I know what you mean, even though I live in Elburn, I am actually in the unincorporated section. I am actually 2 miles east of town of Elburn. The cops are a$$holes there. I stay away from there as much as I can.

Hmmm, a Conquest, we are in the process of installing a GN powertrain in an 87 Conquest as we speak.

Prasad[/QUOTE]
That's awesome Mine was an 87 also. I bought it with 25000 miles and sold it about 2 years ago with 46000 miles. I put about $8k into before I sold it. I loved that car. The guy i sold it to lived in Florida, and bought it without ever seeing it. When he got it he was happy though. I just spoke with him about a month ago and he still has it, and has not had any problems with it. If you or anyone you know are interested I still have two intercoolers from an 87 and an 89 conquest.

Back