You can type here any text you want

Looking for people that run 3.23 gears

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Run the 3.42 and a 26" tire. When you go to the track switch to a 28" tire. Simple enough since you don't go to the track much.

I think a 28" makes final drive around 3.18 using Summit's calculator.

Go to the middle, 255/60/15 is 27" and won't rub your frame. I ran them to 11.3 with a 1.5 60.

Don't run a 10.5 tire, get a 28x9, I ran 28x9 MT ET Drag no tube on stock T 15x7 wheels for years. It's still a big tire. I run 26x10.0 MT ET Drag and it rubs the lip every now and then on driveways.

Then get off the 26:D

Lol. You know my requirements lol. I'm running a 27 now but they're like 275 wide; not stock enough. Those were for the track (still ZERO traction) Lookin at the M & H 215/65 street and strips. Super nice and bone stock looking :) But, if a 3.11 rear end gear makes my car launch like a 28 then... why not try er out? :)

Don't run a 10.5 tire, get a 28x9, I ran 28x9 MT ET Drag no tube on stock T 15x7 wheels for years. It's still a big tire. I run 26x10.0 MT ET Drag and it rubs the lip every now and then on driveways.

I had the 26x10.5 hoosier drag radials and WOW were they soft. They were a touch below a 26" tire too, so they looked like a low profile thing goin' on. Gripped ok but wore out QUICK.

Spoke to your buddy yesterday Mr. Spool. Wow he's a smart guy lol. I had no idea he was such a big name in the Buick community. He needs to market himself more. He'd make a KILLING. Gonna be buying some stuff from that guy.

If your boost and timing is tuned to the ragged edge, you might wanna back it off a little when you do the gear change... the higher gear will load the motor a little more and might push it into the danger zone (picture driving "up a steeper hill), final drive ratio affects more than just rpm.

If your boost and timing is tuned to the ragged edge, you might wanna back it off a little when you do the gear change... the higher gear will load the motor a little more and might push it into the danger zone (picture driving "up a steeper hill), final drive ratio affects more than just rpm.

Gotcha. Yea my tune's pretty forgiving, and I can adjust accordingly. I can pull a degree of timing in first, or add fuel or something and if there's a curve that I can't adjust then I'll have Eric change up some stuff to make it behave nice. I'm really excited to see what this will do for me.

Back