You can type here any text you want

Looking for some one to install Duttweiler neck ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mrneg9

Get Some !
Hey Guys. I have a Duttweiler neck and a like new stock intercooler. I'm able to weld steel but not aluminum. Looking for some one to put the two together for me the correct way. Does any one do this ?

Thanks.

I'd do the cuts myself then show up at a welding shop around 4:45 with a 12 pack of beer.

I started to do it my self. I have a guy that can weld it up for me.
I've cut my stock intercooler neck off and aligned my Duttweiler neck up. I would say its just about perfect. On the inside off both the intercooler and neck I ground it down so there's not much of a lip. My question is when its welded together if there is a little bit of a lip inside will it effect it much ? Once the neck is welded in place it would be almost impossible to get in there to make it total smooth. Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Don't sweat it. If that small gap caused any turbulence that was quantifiable, it'd be nothing like when the air hits the core.

Yes finish it today. Ported the elbow and intercooler a bit. Fits nice got a guy gonna weld it up for me. Thank for your guys input.

Actually..........the Dutt neck does nothing. Even Kenny admitted that the increase in boost was because be had to re-clock the compressor housing to line up with the new inlet, which caused the wastegate actuator to put more tension on the spring..........which caused the increase in boost.

I feel that the cost of the inlet and the welding is a complete waste of money. Buy a REAL........2015 technogy intercooler and be way ahead of adding a larger inlet to a dinosaur intercooler. Back in 1990 I took a die grinder to the inlet and removed the thick paint coating it and ran 11.77 @ 112 with a stock turbo and a 2.5" down pipe. Sorry........waist of time and money. Step into the current technology and do it right.

I gained 3psi going from stock to dutt neck. No other changes were made. Didn't even have to reclock the turbo.

I've always wanted to cut open a stocker and measure the cross sectional flow area of all the flues.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was smaller than the stock inlet?

Back