Looking for speedomter sensor for AVC gage panel

5gear

i put an AVC gage setup in about 15 years ago, and the speed sensor that is inline with the speedometer cable has been giving me trouble for the last few years. it finally has died and i was wondering if anyone knows where i can get a replacement. the housing is actually ok, there is a little "bulb" that fits in it that is bad. the housing says "Arthur Allen Mfg Inc" on it, but googling that didn't seem to help much. anyone know if i can get a replacement ?

I think it's a 2 pulse VSS. As I remember it powers the speedo and goes to the VSS Buffer.
I think I still have it. I'll let you know if I find it.

my speedometer is mechanical, but if what you have will work, that would be appreciated.

i forgot the AVC was mechanical which is why i hav a hole in my AC duct. This is what you need. In fact I just put a new one in so my Cruise Control and TCC lock up work. It's not the one I have lying around.

Ok, thanks to you and T-Type

i've seen pictures of UFOs that are more clear than the picture on the Jag website, and i kinda want to see what i'm buying before i spend $125. so, now that i have a better understanding of what's needed, i did a little more research on 2 pulse VSSs. so, in case anyone has this problem in the future, i went with this one because it looks like it's well built, and it does work. i'm not saying the Jag one is no good, just felt better about seeing what i'm buying.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/85-89-TPI-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

tpiparts.net part#
SEN-820

That's exactly what the new one I got from JTW looks like. The old one was yellow plastic. Despite what it says on eBay it can be used with the buffer in place or you can go directly to the ECM and Cruise inputs. I went to the buffer because I already had T Taps from my AVC install in place.