Looking to buy an AR-15, anyone got one for sale?

theCATman

Is that a Monte Carlo?
Just as the title states guys. I'm looking at getting an AR-15 & if anyone has one for sale, let me know.

I'm open to all brands, but would like to keep the price as low as possible. Post up details & PM pics or email me, genesisxtreme1000@hotmail.com

I have a local FFL dealer in my town where you can ship to.

The majority of us on here are honest, stand-up people & I figured this might be a good place to find a nice used one.

If I can't find a good used one in the next month or so, I'll just buy a new one.

Thanks guys.

Had to turn mine in 7 years ago:mad:

They made you turn it in???? Did they compensate you in any way for it? How did that transpire, did they tell everyone to turn in your "illegal" weapons, or did they send you a personalized note because it was registered? I wonder about these things because I can see this happening nationwide someday. That sux terik

What exactly are you looking for? I can fill that order:biggrin:

They made you turn it in???? Did they compensate you in any way for it? How did that transpire, did they tell everyone to turn in your "illegal" weapons, or did they send you a personalized note because it was registered? I wonder about these things because I can see this happening nationwide someday. That sux terik

They were banned in Ca in 2000 but if you own a registered one prior to Jan 2000 it's legal. When I was living in Santa Barbara, one of my roommates and I got into a fight with a guy who slapped my female cousin. We proceeded to kick the crap outta the guy. He filed charges and a restraining order. Part of the restraining order was to turn in all firearms I owned. Santa Barbara county ran a report and found that I owned the AR15, Detonics .45, Sig Sauer .40. Even though I owned the AR before the ban, they "destroyed" it along with my other pistols. There was no compensation. Hopefully, when my $$$ permits it, Im gonna try to see if I can Californicate a Steyr Aug.

Effin Government

They were banned in Ca in 2000 but if you own a registered one prior to Jan 2000 it's legal. When I was living in Santa Barbara, one of my roommates and I got into a fight with a guy who slapped my female cousin. We proceeded to kick the crap outta the guy. He filed charges and a restraining order. Part of the restraining order was to turn in all firearms I owned. Santa Barbara county ran a report and found that I owned the AR15, Detonics .45, Sig Sauer .40. Even though I owned the AR before the ban, they "destroyed" it along with my other pistols. There was no compensation. Hopefully, when my $$$ permits it, Im gonna try to see if I can Californicate a Steyr Aug.

I had a friend in the same boat... had to turn in all of his guns including his prized mac11... I missed that little thing:frown:

What exactly are you looking for? I can fill that order:biggrin:

If I get a new one.... I'm looking at Rock River, Bushmaster, & Olympic Arms.

The Olymic Arms is the most reasonably priced, but haven't heard much about them.

Do you know much about them (Olympic)?

DPMS, you can add all the toys you need right from the factory, plus they work well also, just buy new or build you own AR-15 in 5.56, then you can
buy uppers in different calibers for mission specific, hunting, target, distance shooting, etc. your wallet is the only factor in how far you wanna go!! And you can go piston as well versus DI, personally at this point I would stick with DI set-up for now, again wallet size dictates

Ron

For the most bang for your buck, I would say go Bravo Company USA. They make uppers and lowers and you can put one together cheaper than buying most others. Their quality is top notch. Chrome lined bore and chamber, mpi tested barrels etc. If you get a bravo mid-length gas system, it will be the last AR you buy. They're that good.

Olympic Arms is "ok" but RR, Bushmaster, DPMS would chosen above it.
You can always go here and do some reading. If it's not here, you won't find it. AR15.Com

The Olymic Arms is the most reasonably priced, but haven't heard much about them.

I have an Olympic, it is a K16 with the bull barrel. It also has a custom trigger, picked it up at a gun show from a dealer I know. Great price and so far it has performed flawlessly.

Hey Jeff, how are you, everytime I turn around there seems that I find out that there is a new armaments maker here in Idaho, wish I knew of them sooner!!

All are good guns... The O Arms would be my last of those choices...

There are several companies making good products out there. I personally have gone to the Smith and Wesson M&P AR's latley... I have them from all the major brands and I like the M&P the best...

Bushy's are nice, make sure you don't get a .223 specific though. RR's are very nice as well. Not much bad to say about them other than a little pricey...

I would look at the DPMS for the more reasonably priced guns. For the money they are hard to beat IMO... I would avoid the very base models, not that they don't work but are missing some key features IMO...

Go to gun broker and look at the prices of ones that have sold in the model you want to get a good feel for what the "going" rate is...

What do you plan on doing with it? Target/plinking? Department authorized personal purchase? 3-gun/carbine courses? If you plan on shooting north of 5k a year, you might want to spend some more coin now. Like Shane said, go 5.56 not .223. AR's can be like Buicks. You just want a "daily driver" but after a while you're dropping in a stage II because you NEED to go 9's:D.

With that being said...Knights Armament SR-25, FTW!