Looking to Find some work in DFW Area

Rich,

We have a guy interviewing next week to help the vintage guy out. He may not work out. If this is the case, can you have a resume ready for me to give to my GM?

I'm trying to get you in here and closer to the family.

Dan

No Problem, is your email here somewhere?

BIG thanks to Dan for his hard work. Hopefully I will be back in the M-Plex before too long.

Forgot to tell you Rich, my buddy said his company has a freeze on hiring right now and he's cut to 32 hours a week. Been a bad week for everyone it seems.

Well, I didn't find anything solid yet. The job in Midland called and wanted me to work so I did another hitch out there. A couple different friends let me use their couch, shower and washing machines. Not really ideal but it keeps the income flowing.

I found a place in Dallas hiring apprentice electricians. Anyone know anything about electricianing? Is is a hard and/or lengthy process to become a journeyman? As near as I can tell to become an apprentice electrician you give the state $20 and register and they give you an apprentice license.

I'm hoping to be in Arlington in a week or two. I did manage to score this htc phone. Mobile I-net is pretty nifty.

A journeymans license Takes 1 of 2 things to get. !) Pass the journeymans exam, very difficult without school or 2) complete an apprenticeship with a Dept. of Labor recognized apprenticeship. I did the latter, and went to school for 4 years after work and worked 40 hrs. a week. When you complete the course and pay the fees they give you a journeymans license without any test. You have to be able to prove 8000 hrs of OJT as well as a certain number of classroom hours, but I forget that number. It may have changed since I was there. Pay is low to start and the work might be anywhere and you have to travel to it. See if there's a IBEW local union around, they have a good apprenticeship program if you can get in.

A journeymans license Takes 1 of 2 things to get. !) Pass the journeymans exam, very difficult without school or 2) complete an apprenticeship with a Dept. of Labor recognized apprenticeship. I did the latter, and went to school for 4 years after work and worked 40 hrs. a week. When you complete the course and pay the fees they give you a journeymans license without any test. You have to be able to prove 8000 hrs of OJT as well as a certain number of classroom hours, but I forget that number. It may have changed since I was there. Pay is low to start and the work might be anywhere and you have to travel to it. See if there's a IBEW local union around, they have a good apprenticeship program if you can get in.

Thanks for the info. Not sure I need it at this point but ya neva know.

Any body else have any leads?

Well, still looking. Anybody have any leads?

Dan give me a call or email. Just wanting to know what is going on.Thanks.

I lost $3.00 and hour but at least I'm working again. I'm a PSM for vatozone in Hillsnowhere for now. I'll see if I can find something but the market is slim to say the least.

Cash flow is cash flow. You still have the side work. Now you can get discount parts. I talked to several people yesterday and have a few more leads to follow up on today.

Glad you got something. I'm looking forward to Noble. I hope I can get the car together.