Looks Like anyone can run at the GS NATIONALS this year

I'll be going for my first time. I'm not familiar with the classes they have but I just wanna participate in a bracket class, not heads up. I checked on the GS Nationals site and they have the "B1" class which is 11.49 and faster…perfect for me! (y)

Claude. :)

Last edited:
Well this is what I saw
"We at the Buick GS Nationals would like to extend an invitation to all racers and all makes and models to come out to Beach Bend Raceway Park to Test and Tune on a well prepped track Oct. 14-17. Please reference http://www.gsnationals.com for schedule and pricing. Thank you and we hope to see you there.

GS NationalsRace Director"

It is on the LS forum also
http://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/1803911-beach-bend-raceway-test-tune-oct-14-16-a.html

Well this is what I saw
"We at the Buick GS Nationals would like to extend an invitation to all racers and all makes and models to come out to Beach Bend Raceway Park to Test and Tune on a well prepped track Oct. 14-17. Please reference http://www.gsnationals.com for schedule and pricing. Thank you and we hope to see you there.

GS NationalsRace Director"

It is on the LS forum also
http://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/1803911-beach-bend-raceway-test-tune-oct-14-16-a.html
I guess that would be Cool.Alot bigger crowd.Just hope it doesn't interfere with what the event is put on for.

Key words being test and tune.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

I'd say the Nationals are on their last leg ....they are opening it up to make some money. ...sad

Bryan

Hopefully, no jap shit, even if it does have a GN drivetrain. There's a 1st gen RX7 in my area with one and I'd be pissed if he were to be let into to any Buick event, let alone our nationals. Turn that shit away!

All the Buick events, local or national, appear to be on their last legs. If the Buick faithful would show up in the stands, in the show, on the track, as vendors, or the swap meet, this would not be an issue. If enough Buick fans came to the Buick events there wouldn't be room for the brand xers.

This will be my first buick event, i hope its not a waste of time and money. I know kirban will be there as a vendor but i dont think highway stars or gbody will be there selling. Like it was said, fans need to attend, if not, rice will be taking over cause at the end of the day, tracks want/need to make money.

Quit yer sniveling. This thing's guna rock.:)
If "others" are invited, All that means, is that now we'll have someone to put on the trailer first round, other than another Buick. ;)
I'm coming out from So Cal for this one. See you guys there. :)

so they are letting anyone that wants to come in pay a fee to do some testing and tuning and help lower the costs of the actual event...

how is this a bad thing?

The test and tune cars will oil down the track and cause delays.... always happens.

All the Buick events, local or national, appear to be on their last legs. If the Buick faithful would show up in the stands, in the show, on the track, as vendors, or the swap meet, this would not be an issue. If enough Buick fans came to the Buick events there wouldn't be room for the brand xers.

Disagree with this statement.I have not missed a Norwalk or Nats event since 1997.Last October was one of the best most successful nationals in a long time .The generosity of sponsors and work of single individuals like Cal Hartline and Steve Kessler, to name just a couple, is the main reason the Racers showed up. This work got the payouts to the racers and the turnout was unreal, in most heads up classes.Also the combining of BPG and Norwalk was a record turnout for the race this spring ,however the weather did not cooperate .The car Show at Norwalk had to be one of the biggest in Years .

Maybe the events are on there last leg but it wouldn't be because of Racers,sponsors,payouts,or the BUICK faithful .Most the Faithful are still showing up I see them every year.

I could see letting locals in for Test and Tune on the Test and Tune days but the thread says OPEN to ALL on the 14th.15th,16th,and 17th .UMM the 17th is eliminations....and the 16th is the Shootout and car show .I'm showing either way ....