Los Angeles Invasion 2010 May 29-31

100 extra HP? wasn't aware of that, but doesn't a stock Z06 run 11.6, how would an extra 100 HP net you an 11.7 ? Thought it was bone stock, figured 100 extra ponies would put you into 10s

Vette is not stock.

Anyone have pics to post?

Mike B.

Got 7 runs down the 1/4 mile today. My last two were my best.
Did an 11.662 at 115.26mph and then followed it with an 11.629 at 115.61.
This was at 22 lbs of boost, in 80+deg weather and through the mufflers. Pretty happy with it. There is easily a couple more 10ths to be had.... :) ....did I say that already?
Not bad for a daily driven street GN.
Now to figure out the real reason for why I can't get more than 22 lbs of boost.

Lou...I owe you a big thanks for building EXACTLY what I wanted. A reliable 11 second daily driver. You are THE MAN!

This car goes through H-E-double hockey sticks and back on a daily basis and holds together as reliably as any other car I've ever owned....or better.
You're a good friend.

Mike (SPOOLFOOL2) I also owe you a big thanks. You gave me sound advice and every bit of it helped. I appreciate the time you put into this. You're a good friend.

All...Lou, Mike and I were all talking to each other quite peacefully in the background through these last few weeks of posting, and just having some fun on this thread. It got kind of comical to tell a certain member something and see how long it'd take him to run in the other direction with it and spill his little secret.
But it was all in good fun.

No farm animals were hurt in the production of this event

I had fun.....

Hey guys, is me Nacho my hand is ok I did go to the hospital, they took care of it. they cleanded it up and put some type of burn gel (water base) they told me not to put neosporin on the burn, because is oil base and could make the burn worse than it is.thanks to all of you that were concerned with my hand been burn. The C 16 is some good &#!+ I had fun after all..........:biggrin:

Nacho PLEASE go to the hospital........

Meanchicken was getting better and better on every run.
my brothers and I had a good time thanx for every ones help with the carne asada
sorry we had issues starting the fire so we started late.
Nacho got burrned with c16 starting the fire he got 2ND degree burns on his hand and did not want to go to the hospital he insted put some "7up" on it dont know whats going on with that.

I agree, NACHO....get that burn taken care of. You can loose a hand...or more... to gangrenous infection related to untreated burns like that.

Hey Ralph,
Thanks as always for the hospitality.

I was looking forward to seeing you and Louis both do some amazing runs. Sorry it didn't work out today but you made the right decision...take it back to Jeff and let him make sure everything is right...

Well I had a meeting with Mike and the chicken today, and after tugging on his pipes for a few I was able to pin down thier boost problem and got it solved (not being able to get over 21), , so see rooster Tugg piping works :D. now hitting almost 25psi, both the rooster and crew chief mike were all smiles when came back from a little test run, Now at least he has a fighting chance against the sheep master driving his barbie ride, go get him rooster, you have my blessings.. :biggrin:

Harold....hate to do this to you...I know you were trying to help out during your surprise drop in visit on team Vicious Rooster.

The car never made more than 22lbs of boost last night. We decided to tell you it was fixed so we could get to tuning.

It was a frustrating day for Mike and I yesterday as we spent a few hours we'd hope to use for tuning, fixing a few small exhaust leaks at the header gaskets and cross over pipe..also placed a gasket on the header to turbo flange since I saw so suspicious behavior there. There is one large exhaust leak remaining at the #2 cylinder and the weld between my #1 and #3 also as a suspicious looking crack that might also be leaking.

It's true, the hose clamp on the FMIC seemed like it might have been a little loose, but replacing it did little if anything so evidently it was sealing OK in spite of appearances. Recall that we also fixed the drivers side header gasket at the same time as replacing the hose clamp, so maybe the IC hose clamp was a minor contributing factor along with the leaky header gasket.

Thanks for finding those 2 loose nuts on the AC to radiator bracket clamps. That woulda been a disaster if they came off during my runs down the 1320.
;)

I apologize if anyone's time was wasted, I did a major thrash on my car & spent about 3 grand getting it ready. trying to race a Z06 isn't as easy as a Buick with an auto trans, The rear suspension on a hard launch has a tendency to wheel hop violently therefore the clutch has to be slipped somewhat off the line plus the factory clutch is only good to 500 RWHP I have exceeded that on my second pass the clutch gave out but not completely & was able to make it home thankfully.Had chicken & I managed to line up it wouldn't of been a race at all & I will concede to that. Second the track had been oiled down & there was confusion lineing the cars up & unfortunately I didn't get to race chicken.Plus He needed to familiarize & tune his car & got the job done. Mike Barnard did a great job tuning it & setting things up. As far as the bravado between Chicken & I its all in fun & not to be taken seriously. I have spent 23 years mastering TR's & the growing pains I'm experiencing trying to learn about corvettes is exactly what I went through early on with Buicks it's called R&D & there isn't any apology for that.These sort of things can't be totally predicted without track time & that's what Sunday was all about.

Al...Lou, Mike and I were all talking to each other quite peacefully in the background through these last few weeks of posting, and just having some fun on this thread. It got kind of comical to tell a certain member something and see how long it'd take him to run in the other direction with it and spill his little secret.

Not once while I was on the Sheep master side did I spill his little secret to you guys and you know it, not until he decided for no apparent reason to start insulting me on the board due to being stressed to the max that he had to find a way to relieve it, who better to do it than on me, that is basically that's what broke the camels back. :) oh well, life goes on, thanks for the little white lie chicken and mike but i still don't believe it. ;) congrats to TIM chicken on his 11sec runs.

Tim if i were You I re torque those heads, mike got at least 1/2 to a 3/4 turn on those two bolts that he was able to get too, just saying before its too late. :)

It was nice seeing you all but i was very disappointed not to see the barbie cheby and the brick line up for a heads up race, the most exciting part of the whole day was when i had to jump 6 feet away from Nacho when his hand caught on fire, I was ready to start screaming Drop and Roll Drop and Roll but he managed to get the fire out before it got that far..:biggrin: needless to say I almost became part of the BBQ that afternoon, I was so close to him that I could smell his burn hairs from where i was standing when he went up in flames..

Thanks for the show (Lou and Tim)

all the hype leading up to this was GREAT,

sorry you hurt your car Lou, you had said you thought the clutch might give you troubles.
Tim - glad to hear you got it dialed for some really good runs, very impressive!

well worth the price of admission!
again, great to see all of you.

Look forward to seeing everyone at Bates next week.

Not once while I was on the Sheep master side did I spill his little secret to you guys and you know it, not until he decided for no apparent reason to start insulting me on the board due to being stressed to the max that he had to find a way to relieve it, who better to do it than on me, that is basically that's what broke the camels back. :) oh well, life goes on, thanks for the little white lie chicken and mike but i still don't believe it. ;) congrats to TIM chicken on his 11sec runs.

Tim if i were You I re torque those heads, mike got at least 1/2 to a 3/4 turn on those two bolts that he was able to get too, just saying before its too late. :)

It was nice seeing you all but i was very disappointed not to see the barbie cheby and the brick line up for a heads up race, the most exciting part of the whole day was when i had to jump 6 feet away from Nacho when his hand caught on fire, I was ready to start screaming Drop and Roll Drop and Roll but he managed to get the fire out before it got that far..:biggrin: needless to say I almost became part of the BBQ that afternoon, I was so close to him that I could smell his burn hairs from where i was standing when he went up in flames..

Harold I'm starting to get full of you again & what I wouldn't give for you to just disappear out of my life. No matter whats going on you have to interfere with it. You are genuinely nuts & that makes you scary & dangerous, I have known some sick people in my time & I know I have a few screws loose myself but damn do you need help.

What's Next?

Nice Job Guys!

An 11.70 with a Z06 is very good....I have seen it before with a 150 shot of NOS.

The Buick has the obvious advantage here and Meanchicken will no doubt figure out his boost issues and be leaving like a pro in no time.

I think it's time for Lou to bring out " The Chicken Killer" and get this over with. :)

I had a lot of fun following this post. Grudge Racing can be the most fun type of racing there is.....the talk that leads up to the race is priceless.

Harold I'm starting to get full of you again & what I wouldn't give for you to just disappear out of my life. No matter whats going on you have to interfere with it.

Consider it done and from now on please dont even look my way at any events and I will do the same out of respect., as far as me being crazy I doubt it, but I respect your opinion, if you really wanna see a crazy person you dont have to go that far, just go to your bathroom mirror and take a peek, what you see may scare you off.. ;)

Hope your Cheby is fine, or did the trailer win the bumping contest? :tongue:

Happy Motoring.

Nice Job Guys!

An 11.70 with a Z06 is very good....I have seen it before with a 150 shot of NOS.

The Buick has the obvious advantage here and Meanchicken will no doubt figure out his boost issues and be leaving like a pro in no time.

I think it's time for Lou to bring out " The Chicken Killer" and get this over with. :)

I had a lot of fun following this post. Grudge Racing can be the most fun type of racing there is.....the talk that leads up to the race is priceless.

For the rematch (The Clucky in Fontucky II), Lou is going to mod the crap out of his twin turbo Porch.

More to come on this...

Mike B.

Nice Job Guys!

Is that a Joke, there is a ton of stock Z06's with stock tires on you tube running low 11's to high 10's all day long with a good driver and traction launch on.,
click on link below for 1 of many like this one running 11 flat at 125mph with minor mods..

Flat 11's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdW9EgHjDpA

10.74 on drag radials full stock Z06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zv5RDzwS4g&feature=related

Is that a Joke, there is a ton of stock Z06's with stock tires on you tube running low 11's to high 10's all day long with a good driver and traction launch on.,
click on link below for 1 of many like this one running 11 flat at 125mph with minor mods..

Flat 11's

YouTube - 2008 Corvette Z06 11.027 @ 125.66 Stock tires 12/3/08

10.74 on drag radials full stock Z06

YouTube - Ranger C6 Z06 10.74 129.50 Bone-Stock on Drag Radials

1----10.981 @ 128.90--1.77---jamie furman ------'06.
This run by Jamie Furman is the only known, documented 10 sec "Bone stock on stock tires" run in a C6 generation Z06 recorded in and / or on CorvetteForum.
All of the next fastest "Bone stock on stock tires" runs by anybody are in the low elevens & up.
It would seem to me that Lou's run, even with headers & a tune of 11.70 is not all that bad if he was running bone stock tires.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z06-discussion/1794944-the-c6-z06-fast-list.html

1----10.981 @ 128.90--1.77---jamie furman ------'06.
This run by Jamie Furman is the only known, documented 10 sec "Bone stock on stock tires" run in a C6 generation Z06 recorded in and / or on CorvetteForum.
All of the next fastest "Bone stock on stock tires" runs by anybody are in the low elevens & up.
It would seem to me that Lou's run, even with headers & a tune of 11.70 is not all that bad if he was running bone stock tires.

The C6 Z06 Fast List - Corvette Forum
agreed Gary plus Ranger has over 600+ 1/4 mile runs with C-5 & C-6 and a few national records.

considering track conditions and weather Lou & Tim did a damn good job and congrats to them both.

and the entertainment leading up to this race was outstanding this could only happen in the SW section woo woo :biggrin: