Lost compression at drag strip

Man that stinks, i hope u figure it out. Mines not likely to evr run right again, ha!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yeah tru, im just messing adound but i have gotten all the accessories on the front of the motor from being able to look at that other car, " which showed up sunday morning " :) now starting on the wiring harness!

is there a better plug i can run now that will work better with heads since i have fresh springs & alot of port & polish work? Currently using ac- r43 ts i think

is there a better plug i can run now that will work better with heads since i have fresh springs & alot of port & polish work? Currently using ac- r43 ts i think

I loved the r43s until I went with Aluminum heads. Stick with them.

I just thought there may be something that will burn a little better to make the most out of my headwork, thanks for the input tho..

fuel line that comes out of the frame & goes to the passenger side of the fuel rail got shoved into a hole in the frame during engine install & smashed flat, is this line like 1/4" or 3/16" & if so will -4an be equivilant to replace it with?

primed engine with oil last night by cranking it over with coil pack unplugged, turned over well but no fuel pump buzzing & the only dash lights i had come on was a red light in the upper left hand side of the column area..?

Since you had the motor out I would start with checking the fuse links at the starter and also the ground wires on the back of the passengers side head.

Those ground wires are on the back intake bolt now because i couldnt get them back on the head where they were, will that not work??

I turn my key forward & only have the volts light on does that mean my ecu isnt grounded good? anyone been thru this before?

Check your ECM IGN / ECM SOL Fuses, and the CCCI fuse . Make sure the harness is properly plugged into computer.

Did you check all your grounds? You probably blew a fusible link.. You need to follow this chart for a no check engine light diagnosis.

noSESt.jpg

noSES.jpg

I turn my key forward & only have the volts light on does that mean my ecu isnt grounded good? anyone been thru this before?
Don't want to send you in too many directions at once but the lights in the dash could even be the connections at the cluster. Mine sat for a long time before I put the motor back in and my cluster did the same thing as yours. Try pushing in on the cluster while you cycle the key and see if any of the light try to come on. Your fuel pump issue is going to be something else​

The fuel pump isn't cutting on because the ecm isnt sending the signal. Check Engine Light comes on your pump will prime,

The check engine light wiring is tied into the Oil Pressure/Fuel pump Prime, once it see's the signal from ecm the oil/choke light should come one and also prime the fuel pump.
Once the car turns on the oil pressure sender provides a backup to the fuel pump relay when the oil pressure rises the contacts in the sender close and send power to the pump. Takes some load of the fuel pump relay so the car will still turn on even if the fuel pump relay has gone bad.. but this is not your case.

Also disco that orange wire near the battery, take a look at the insides of plug just in case, make sure its getting a proper contact sometimes water gets in the plug and the plug gets a bad contact ECM wont see any power.

will check it out 2morro & send some progress feedback, thanks guys