Lost compression at drag strip

Good luck with the rest of the job! I give you credit for tackling this job on your own. It will be worth it in the end.

I looked into those. About $650 for a set of 4. I like the concept, not the price.

Hi Pronto,
I email Bill for a price which he reply a pair for $265.00, shipping not included.
His web site is under construction, and Bill claimed he's out of stock until mid Sept.
I also email him back asking would he do a discount for multi buyers from the Buick forum members?
Still waiting for Bill to answer. Will give an update once he reply back

Well i really wasnt sure if i could do it on my own & i still have a ways to go but the hard part is over, thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Well i really wasnt sure if i could do it on my own & i still have a ways to go but the hard part is over, thanks

Always keep one thing in mind, when in doubt ask questions.
Also if you do replace the timing chain, use red loc-tite on cam sprocket bolts, grind the center tip inside the timing cover where the cam button is going to rides on. When replacing the timing cover front seal grind off the little tips where the new rubber seal is going to be fitted.

Hi Pronto,
I email Bill for a price which he reply a pair for $265.00, shipping not included.
His web site is under construction, and Bill claimed he's out of stock until mid Sept.
I also email him back asking would he do a discount for multi buyers from the Buick forum members?
Still waiting for Bill to answer. Will give an update once he reply back
I asked about 2 pairs to be able to get the whole car raised up. Shipping to me would have made the cost close to $650. Guess it depends on what kind of discount he would give.

Timing chain & stuff has been changed to roller already, stock cover & stuff still but i didnt do the work, it was done by previous owner but looked good so i didnt mess with it..

Mike, sweet set up man. Thanks alot!

No problem. I have been looking everywhere for additional photos that may help but I think they were in a camera that had the card deleted.

A word of caution, when a stock head gasket lets go blowing a chunk into the lifter gallery the graphite debris winds up in the oil pan & gets sucked up into the pick up screen. Don't chance not pulling the pan for inspection.

battleling losing intrest yes! i am a few hours from firing it up & at a stand still due to lack of help. i have a friend with several of these buicks but hes a doctor & i've spent a week just trying to get some pics from one of his cars. Scream!!!!

i need to be able to see the curved bracket behind the alternator & how the ac compressor bolts to the alt up top & how it overlaps the little pulley to the left of the alt & below, & also which bolts go where.. very confusing to explain but thanks alot guys! Mike thanks for your desire to help! :)

Maybe some of these will help. MIKE BUICK PICTURES 094.jpgMIKE BUICK PICTURES 097.jpgMIKE BUICK PICTURES 100.jpgMIKE BUICK PICTURES 101.jpgMIKE BUICK PICTURES 103.jpgMIKE BUICK PICTURES 104.jpgMIKE BUICK PICTURES 109.jpg

thanks mike those are great shots should really help, i will keep u posted!

The pictures in post 119 show the correct bolts. The long bolt that goes through the alternator has a nut on the end to hold the radiator hose support bracket. Spend some time routing the fuel lines and the wiring harness on that side because the wires can get pinched or the fuel lines can rub through if you have metal to metal contact.

i have a friend bringing me one of his buicks to leave with me for a while so i can hopefully finish this bitch before i sell it!! the pics u sent me were great shots & did help so thanks again mike..

Having another car will be the best way for you. I do feel your pain, I put my ecm back where it belongs today since it was never fully installed after my build. I have an adapter harness on the ecm that makes it a little tight going back in so I took my time got everything where it should be. After it was back together it developed a miss and I knew it had to be something with the harness because it ran perfect before that. I took it back apart and found that the adapter harness had a cold solder joint and a wire had came loose. Repairing the joint didn't fix the miss (# 6 injector pulse gone now) so I've got to do a pin out to see if voltage went through something it wasn't suppose to.