You can type here any text you want

Lost one to a stroker 383 70 Nova.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcedfedv6

Banned
Like the thread says you win some you lose some, I slept at the flag down and he got a good launch and put 1 1/2 instant on me :eek: by the time i reacted did it to hard and spun off the line, started to catch up with him but right about the 1000 feet mark my car got squirly due to the god damn revervoir bottle spilling coolant in my rear passenger tire i had to let off before crashing, I did no burn out, 22psi on the MT et streets and was running 21psi on alky and pump gas. car has run 11.5 at 118 before with crappy sixty foot so i know that if I had a good take off it would off been a good race, Oh well next time maybe i get to go when the hands drop. :p his car was all gutted on MT drag radials 14psi tire pressure and he did a good burnout..

Screwing around will get you beat.

Yea, I made the mistake of not being prepared for a race once and lost to a high 12's mustang by a half car length. On a lark went to the track on street tires and pump gas for a couple of passes. Pulled to the line for my first shake down pass which I usually only run 15# boost no alky and low-mid 13's.
But when this stang pulled up with the exhaust rumpitying and the fat and skinnies I decided as the tree came down to take him. Well, I launched with almost no boost and gave him a 3 car lead, blew the tires away as the boost came on giving him a couple more and then had the motor pop because I idled it way too long in the staging lanes and loaded it up and did not clear it. Finally got the old girl pulling, turned on the alky, dialed up the boost and was running him down like he was coasting but too late and lost by a 2 tenths with a 13.1. So I come around after picking up my ticket, follow him to the mustang corral and in front of his buddies and girlfriend ask him to line up again. He says no "it's not runing right".

He makes 4-5 more passes but always lines up somewhere in front or behind me in the same staging lanes. Runs consistant 12.8-9's to my
12-teens.

I was lazy and lost but I should also have stuck to my game plan and just run my 13.3-4 and hope he'd think he had an easy kill and try again. My mistake was running him down so fast he knew he'd lose.

Mikey

Like the thread says you win some you lose some, I slept at the flag down and he got a good launch and put 1 1/2 instant on me :eek: by the time i reacted did it to hard and spun off the line, started to catch up with him but right about the 1000 feet mark my car got squirly due to the god damn revervoir bottle spilling coolant in my rear passenger tire i had to let off before crashing, I did no burn out, 22psi on the MT et streets and was running 21psi on alky and pump gas. car has run 11.5 at 118 before with crappy sixty foot so i know that if I had a good take off it would off been a good race, Oh well next time maybe i get to go when the hands drop. :p his car was all gutted on MT drag radials 14psi tire pressure and he did a good burnout..
Sounds like ur a Fast Talker a Slow Thinker ;) j/k good luck next time.

The times that I've gotten humbled, it just made me more focused on bettering my car;) .
You'll spank em next time...
It's what we do around here:D .

Happy spooling

...... I slept at the flag down ...... by the time i reacted.......spun off the line, ...... my car got squirly due to the ...... revervoir bottle spilling coolant in my rear passenger tire ....... I did no burn out, 22psi on the MT et streets and was running 21psi on alky and pump gas.

Amateur! Your Fired! :eek:

J/K :biggrin:

Good luck next time.

Good death - at least you had the cojones to post it. I'm sure a lot of people only post their wins...

How did you coolant reservoir foul your rear tire again?

Jim

Good death - at least you had the cojones to post it. I'm sure a lot of people only post their wins...

How did you coolant reservoir foul your rear tire again?

Jim

It was overflowing due to not properly sealed RJC headgaskets had bubbles in the radiators even at idle i could see them, so you can imagine what it was doing at WOT, after dealing with having to retorque several times with the RJC HGaskets I've decided to take em out and go with cometics and studs. :)

Novas ----I hate em.

I still have nitemares of my buddys 69 SS small block Nova. Back then I had a big block Z28 and everytime we raced he would always pull a car out no matter what I did. No shame in that loss. Its a power to weight advantage on his end. Good luck on the next time.

It was overflowing due to not properly sealed RJC headgaskets had bubbles in the radiators even at idle i could see them, so you can imagine what it was doing at WOT, after dealing with having to retorque several times with the RJC HGaskets I've decided to take em out and go with cometics and studs. :)
Had the same problem w/ the RJC's. Went the same route & no more problems!

Back