Lotek a trim double pod

JohnH

Has anyone eles had problems with the way the double pod that takes place of the a trim piece fits? I got mine in the other day and it does not wrap arond the outside next to the weather stripping like the original piece so there is a big gap there. It looks like crap like this. Ive tried trimming off the side next to the windshield to make it slide up but no luck. What have you guys done? Help please.

I have one of these but haven't tried to put it in yet since my car isn't running. I hope that it's not a problem and doesn't look bad. Putting it over the stock one defeats the purpose of buying this over a regular dual guage pod.

I got one and it took some time and alot of cursing but I got it to fit after a while and it looks damn good.
Just a PITA to get a good fit.

When you buy a custom piece designed for these cars, or any car for that matter, it should not be a PITA just to get the piece to "fit right"! If its a prototype part, I could see some problems there. These pods have been out there for a while so other people have had this problem. It looks like it could be molded just like the original one. Is there another company that makes these pods? I will be talking to Lotek Monday. Just my o2.

When I first installed mine I thought it looked a little funky as well. It is hard to notice the gap with the door shut and I cant see it at all from the drivers seat so forget about it:)