You can type here any text you want

Loud pop!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wb's87

willrock
The last time at the track my car made a very loud pop just before the 1-2 shift. I immediately backed off the throttle. I looked over everything thoroughly but could find nothing wrong. The car runs great. Idles smoothly, no smoke, not burning or blowing out any oil or water. Originally I thought the worse, Blown head gasket. At the time this happened I was running 112oct race fuel and about 25psi boost. Other than scaring the blank out of me there are no physical signs of damage. does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Are there things I can check for?

mine did the samething once. colapsed the air filter and it blew it clean off. anyways i have also has a issue like that where one of my plug wires was going bad. try ohm'ing the wires and see what there at. mine didnt show any signs of a bad wire till i was at 23psi

You say it runs great. I'm guessing you have put it under full power since the "pop"?

Otherwise, I was gonna say the up-pipe coupling blew off.

You say it runs great. I'm guessing you have put it under full power since the "pop"?

Otherwise, I was gonna say the up-pipe coupling blew off.

I have had it under full power and it runs really good, pulls hard, no symptons of anything being wrong. I am still concerned however.

mine did the samething once. colapsed the air filter and it blew it clean off. anyways i have also has a issue like that where one of my plug wires was going bad. try ohm'ing the wires and see what there at. mine didnt show any signs of a bad wire till i was at 23psi

That is a good thought. I broke a plug wire last time I was changing plugs and put on one of the stock wires. It was supposed to be a temporary thing.

What kind of reading should I get through the wires? I have a tester but to be honest I have never used it. do you know what position the tester should be in to test the wires? There are 21 different position settings on my tester.

Put it on ohm's. I can try to find a picture of what the symbol looks like once I get to a computer. I'm using my phone, when I ohm'ed my bad set I got .66-.68 on 5 of the 6 wires. My bad wired ohmed out at 6.86 or something crazy high like that. On my new expensive 10mm wire I get .002 ohm's

Put it on ohm's. I can try to find a picture of what the symbol looks like once I get to a computer. I'm using my phone, when I ohm'ed my bad set I got .66-.68 on 5 of the 6 wires. My bad wired ohmed out at 6.86 or something crazy high like that. On my new expensive 10mm wire I get .002 ohm's

where did you buy yours? how do they fit the car are they the correct lengths? i have seen alot of the bigger wires that look really bad if they are too long.

you will be very happy with them. those wires are a perfect fit

you will be very happy with them. those wires are a perfect fit

I almost forgot to tell you, I got the hotwire kit today. That was relly fast shipping! Looks great!:) Hopefully I can install it tomorrow. It looks pretty self explanatory.

Back