Love it or hate it: its still awesome. 6 speed GN

Did you ever get the backspacing on the wheels front and rear? The car is wicked!! It is the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Really dig the build, the effort, and the wheels! You lost me on the turbo kit fabrication, but I understand you were trying to do it all yourself so I give you props for that. There are just some things better done by a professional welder/fabricator.

Why does it have to have 15" welds sticking out of the back with a V6 and an auto to be cool here? :rolleyes:

Pro-touring is here to stay, and this car will probably blow the doors off a lot of others on this board - not to mention handle as well... and I'll bet it gets decent gas mileage also. :cool:

You misunderstand... many seem to like the car just fine. Why does everyone have to like it?

The reason for a negative reaction usually has these things in common:
Owners like Grand Nationals but prefer to swap the wheels, gauges, engine, trans, radio, maybe seats, suspension etc etc. Then refer to what gets swapped as "crap".

If yer gonna describe what makes the GN what it is as inferior to what you replace it with on a Buick board you really need to do a good job on the fab. This particular job (to me) was cooking along great until the exhaust and wiring. Now it looks like ass even if it hauls some. My connection sucks and pics are not loading so maybe its better now..

Put it another way... have you ever watched a movie where they trash I mean DESTROY a car you like? Well its a little bit like that with brandx engine modifications w/GNs. To some extent the purist feel the same way about ANY mods but extensive changes like this kinda get noticed by more than just purist. Someone out there is probably wishing they had a chance to buy it before it was hacked. If not now in the future.

Going fast is just one element. Cars from the 40s were damn slow but that doesnt mean they should all get LS engines so they can keep their doors on. ;)

Perhaps I did not understand, but did you also read the "please keep the negativity off the page if you dont like what I'm doing" comments?

Regardless, I think it's OK to mock something up to get it working/road-tested, then clean it up later. I mean I would hate to spend the time and effort and $$$ fabricating some polished stainless steel, just to find out it had to be re-done. Build it out, validate it, then copy it w/something nicer.

Form should always follow funtion.

Why does it have to have 15" welds sticking out of the back with a V6 and an auto to be cool here? :rolleyes:

Pro-touring is here to stay, and this car will probably blow the doors off a lot of others on this board - not to mention handle as well... and I'll bet it gets decent gas mileage also. :cool:

That is exactly what it has to have in my garage anyway asshat.:rolleyes:

That is exactly what it has to have in my garage anyway asshat.:rolleyes:

I think you misunderstand, I'm not saying that it is NOT cool to have a GN set up for the straight line w/an auto, and Welds, I'm just saying why does it ONLY have to be that way, and anything else get trashed?

Mine is so clean that it's not worth mucking with, and keeping it stock and stealth is the way to go. But, if I found a T-type sleeper of an old GN that needed a new engine/trans, this is DEFINITELY the way I would go.

Would love nothing more that I could drive cross country with getting close to 30mpg in, handle like stink, and approach 200mph safely in.

You could have just done this to a beater regal, that wasnt originally a Turbo Regal, instead of cutting up a true GN, BUT, thats just my opinion.

I do however think what was done here is bad ass, and is in the spirit of auto customization. I applaud you sir. It takes balls to cut up a True Turbo Buick. Great work, and sweet car man. Cheers!

Thanks for al the comments guys. Im currently almost finished with an entire re-build of the car from this winter, I will have more pictures and updates as the weeks go on.

tire size

hey bud i know everyone, has ?. the ride looks damn good. Can I get the size of tire you are running.

I was just talking to a friend the other day about doin a swap kinda like this but different engine n trans. You are the first i seen but regardless thats a sweet ride and let me know how it feels popping that clutch in a gn.