You can type here any text you want

Low 10 Second Silver T

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBO 6

Beer Snob
Staff member
Guys, I have no real urge to race anymore, so it's time to look for another GN or the right TR. After the last episode at the track, I'm done. Long story but a spark plug broke, ruining an exhaust valve. The head is at Champion getting repaired. #1 piston was nicked, so I changed it out with a new one. Everything else looks fine. The turbo was sent to PTE to get repaired. No surprises. It should be running by next week.

I'd be willing to trade straight up for the right car are sell outright for $20K obo. Here's the details:

1987 Silver T with astroroof option (original CF5 option)
Body has 60,900 miles has been repainted by a previous owner (very nice) Car has new bumper fillers, fit is not as nice as it could be but nonetheless looks good from 10ft.

Interior is very clean 9.5 out of 10, no rips in the seats, steering wheel is perfect, no rattles, no BS! Astroroof works like it should. Headliner is mint. Car has some sort of GM CD player, plays CD's but none of the buttons work, only the two knobs. Power antanna works flawlessly.

Now for the good stuff!

Motor has 20 passes or so on it.

250ci 109 stroker
3.625" BA crank
6" K1 H-beam rods
.020 JE pistons
RJC girdle
218/218 Billet roller cam, double roller chain, dls retainer
Comp 853's and hardened pushrods
BHJ balancer and JW flywheel
High volume timing cover
HR motor mounts
Champion irons, about 500 miles on them
champion intake, stock ported upper
75# injectors and TT chip
Stock headers, no cracks, no leaks/ Stainless 2.5" ATR exhaust
3.5" Stainless (chinese) downpipe
Oh and Alkycontrol dual nozzle kit

PTE 71 GTQ, .85 exhaust housing
PTE stock Location Intercooler

Transmission was rebuilt by a known member, welded forward drum. Shifts flawlessly and has held up to many 10 second passes.
Converter is a PTC N/L from Dusty Bradford. Don't know the stall but I'm guessing 3200 rpms. This is the most efficient converter, period! Real loose down low, super tight the higher you spin it.

The car has been a best of 10.60 @128 mph on 22 psi of boost. That's leaving offthe footbrake, no transbrake or e-brake. 5 psi launch. I'm sure if you were to leave off 15psi it would be worth a few tenth's. All passes with this car was on 93 octane and methanol.

The car needs a rollbar to be legal, which I can't bring myself to do. I'd rather sell it than ruin it with a bar.

PM me with trade offers. If I don't get any real offers within a few days, the motor will be sold I'm returning it back to stock.

*** Not looking for any other car but GN's and TR's! Lookin for a stock car, some mods ok, just really depends on the car. I'm flexible on the price also.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• Silver T 1.jpg
    Silver T 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 5,770
  • IMG_0026_1.jpg
    IMG_0026_1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 5,766
  • RPO.jpg
    RPO.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5,751
  • Silver T 024.jpg
    Silver T 024.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 5,739
  • Silver T 3.jpg
    Silver T 3.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 5,739
I thought long and hard about this car before you bought it and should have taken it then. It is a beauty for sure!

If you weren't so far away, I'd try to work a deal out with my GN.

Cars get shipped all the time. :biggrin:

Boost231 thanks for the compliment!

Will be trying to get that car come home where it belongs....lol

Damon...Left my phone at work yesterday,I will call you today around 9-930am.

Shawn

Yeah, then it's the same thing. More $$, more time, back to track. I have two young kids that deserve more time.

Get your fking panties out of your crack, fix the dang car, and drive it like you would a stock car. I swear sometimes you have those PMS symptoms. You have the PERFECT street car.....until mine finally gets finished next millenium.

Get your fking panties out of your crack, fix the dang car, and drive it like you would a stock car. I swear sometimes you have those PMS symptoms. You have the PERFECT street car.....until mine finally gets finished next millenium.

ummm..hit the nail on the head.. we have been driving Melissa's all summer . Been down to Cape Cod or Lake Ossipee in NH on the weekends . now it's time to see if there is anything left in her combo :eek: :p .. Like "NW" said ..chill .. Hey I had 2 kids growing up to .. we had a LOT of cars over the years .. hmmm ..maybe thats why they are thin :p I convinced them we only eat once a day :biggrin:

This is a one time offer. I wont trade this beauty to too many people. But Damon , your special. I will let this bad boy go for your TR and if you throw in $1000 cash I will even ship it to your driveway. Its a collectible. It has been involved in 4 driveby shootings and has had at least 2 bodys stashed in the spacious trunk area. It also handles like a dream. Let me know.

Ed

Attachments

• 02_junker_002.jpg
    02_junker_002.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 5,353
No choice but to "chill" unless the right deal comes. If the deal doesn't come, I'm gonna use it as a daily driver for while.

Bump for a sweet ride.

I have been to the track with Damon and his T and seen it lay down the numbers. He is a standup guy that dosnt cut any corners with his TR's. This car is as clean as it looks and as fast and reliable as he says. You couldnt buy a TR as clean as his and as fast as his for the price. Its built to run 9's and still go thru the drive thru at Burger King in August in 100 degree Louisiana heat.:eek: All of this and it will still run mid-10's on conservative boost all day long.

This is a one time offer. I wont trade this beauty to too many people. But Damon , your special. I will let this bad boy go for your TR and if you throw in $1000 cash I will even ship it to your driveway. Its a collectible. It has been involved in 4 driveby shootings and has had at least 2 bodys stashed in the spacious trunk area. It also handles like a dream. Let me know.

Ed

I just spit milk threw my nose:biggrin:

I'm with the rest just drive it, My 87 hard top is mint just turned 10,000 miles and it run 10's at 126 on 19 pounds of boost on pump gas, Has only had one person set in the back seat and still has the factory plastic on the dash, A/C and drives like a caddy, It has a roll bar with swing outs, Just adds to the looks but I could take it out, That is the great thing about the turbo Buicks even the fast ones drive like stock when you want them to, Drive it, Have fun, If I sell mine it will be to just get out of Buicks

Unless the right deal comes it's not going anywhere. It'll be back together this weekend.

Back