low bl at 93 , int. at 128 at idle any ideas

turbo john FL

ITS ONLY A SIX SHOOTER
recent motor install i have a sparatic idle with int. numbers right at 128. but my bl #s ar at around 93 . any idea what would be going on i assume it is on the rich side at idle??

all help appreciated here in advance
thanks, JOHN

JUST CHECKED A FEW THINGS IT LOOKS LIKE I AM RUNNING RICH, MY FUEL PRESSURE IS AT 43 LBS AT IDLE VACUM HOSE OFF., TPS AT 44, AND AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH 2 DIFFERENT CHIPS ONE FROM RED ARMSTONG AND ONE FROM LUBRANT. ALSO MY IDLE IS FROM 550 UP TO 900

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Maybe a stuck open injector or a bad MAF. Check what your MAF reading is at idle, should be around 4-5 gpms.
Sure both chips you tried are for the injector size you have?
Take a piece of hose and listen to each injector and see if they are all making the same noise, that may help find a stuck one.

2QUIK6
I HAVE REPLACED AND TRIED 2 DIFFERENT MAF AND YES I HAD THESE CHIPS MADE FOR THE 50 LB INJECTORS I AM RUNING. SEEMS LIKE IT IS RUNNING RICH ACROSS THE BOARD FROM PLUGS

Were they OEM MAFs or reman? I've heard of people having to get several reman MAFs before finding one that is calibrated correctly. I can't think of any other reasons that would cause an overly rich condition. Can you get the BLM's to come up by reducing fp?
The INT number doesn't tell you much, its the short term and if the computer is doing its job it should always be around 128 once the BLM has stabilized and not changing anymore.....see the INT will climb or drop and after it gets so far away from 128, the BLM will increment or decrement and the INT starts over at 128...and the cycle continues till the INT stabilizes and doesn't get too far away from 128.

is there a article on this?

i need to refresh my memory, i have a header leak and when i let off the gas or idle, my blm is 148 with erics chip

i only get 17-18 MPG in my daily driver

looking for 22 MPG

BW

block learn

Hi,
What's so amazing about a 93 block learn, with the mods you have? I would have to say that your stock(am I correct?) ecm is trying to do all it can to maintain it's programmed function,given the chip you have.

i am not sure i follw you , yes it is a stock ecm with chips made for this setup, but it seems on the low end i am real rich. i am still in the learning curve here with this car as it is my first . are you saying the stock ecm would have problems mamaging the 50 lb injectors???

Just a thought ..........

I am sure you checked EVERY SINGLE hose for vacuum leaks?

Had a similar issue and finally ended up lowering FP. My O2's are 800 @ WOT. I know this is not a good scientific way of tuning but it was an intermediate step for me as I have other issues to resolve.

Make sure also that your IAC and TPS are correct. I found these to be CRITICAL in engine operation.
What condition is your O2 sensor in?

jerryl
all vacum lines have been replaced on car sprayed around looking for vacum leak else where but nothing.02 sensor has only about a 1000 miles on it but is it possible to get a bad o2 sensor?? never thought of changing it out . i have replaced tps , set at 44 , and put a new iac in and did the reset procedure several times. but no good results :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not sure about a bad O2 .... could happen.

I battled this for 3 months and reset IAC to around 10 and TPS @ 0.44 (I must have done this 50 times). Ended lowerd the FP.

Be sure to reset the computer and run the car for a few miles then verify IAC and TPS numbers.
What are your IAC and MAF numbers?

A vac leak will not cause a rich condition at idle, the vac leak lets in unmetered air causing a lean conditon..not what you have.
The stock ECM is fine with those injectors, 50's are great injectors and should idle perfectly with BLMs around 128...my 65's work very well.
I still think is a bad MAF, you still have not mentioned if it was a reman unit.

2quik6
the maf is a new unit not a gm unit but one that is manufactured by micro-tech they state these are brand new units the design is a little different. i did have a reman gm on there and still had the same problem????

From a cold start, watch what the O2 cross counts do.

No bad, iginition miss, it there?.

Doesn't hurt to have a spare O2 for times like this.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
A vac leak will not cause a rich condition at idle, the vac leak lets in unmetered air causing a lean conditon..

:eek: You are correct! I need to stay away from trying to advice!
I had it backwards. Thanks for helping me "Remove foot out of mouth ...... ":)

Have you checked for the infamous exhaust leak on the driver's side header? Take off the left front tire and give that joint a good examination. You might even remove the header so you can look at the back. A leaky header can cause all sorts of weird numbers.
Keith

bruce
mthere is no miss just bad eratic idle . it runs great going down the road but at idle it can go fron 550 up to 900 rpm flucuating
does scanmaster show o2 cross counts . i am not sure what that is

and i have not checked for exhaust leak but i do not hear anythging drastic hapening

The SMII shows O2 x-cnts. They should cycle from 0-255 in less than 90 seconds for a good active O2 senser. I still would not rule out a mis-calibrated MAF. See if you can locate a known good one or an OEM GM one...this is where being a member of a Buick club is invaluable. I would almost venture to say that 2/3 to 3/4 of the reman units are mis-calibrated. This is the reason the LT1 and Translator is a hit seller. Again., check what the MAF is reading at idle, if its more than 6 gms then thats probably it.

i will get another reading of numbers and see where i am on the maf. thanks for the help here everyone

Low block learn #'s

I have the same condition you are discribing. Did you figure out what was wrong with the car.

:frown: low block learn numbers and missing.

Terry Houston DP
42lb Inj
72mm TB
Dual 340 Walbor in Tank Fuel Pumps
Level 10 Trans
Streched Inter cooler 3"inch necks
61 ceramic ball bearing Turbo
Eaton posi
Moser axils
Mickey Thompson drag Radials
Scan Master
Power Plate