Low BLM's Still

gnbrian

BLMs are from 90 - 120 under cruise and 114 or so at idle. I have changed O2 sensor, checked fuel return line,changed spark plugs and wires and fuel press regulator. Even changed injectors from 50's to 009. Other things have been mentioned( exhaust leak) how bad would exh leak have to be? I can get 14-15 # of boost with no knock on 93. Still seems to lagging, bogging, like it is running rich, doesn't seem to burn the eyes as much though. Should I worry? I don't want to wash the cylinder walls and I want to get maximum performance.

Stock low mileage 19000,Champion ported irons,Te60,Dequick front mount,BGC intake, Walboro, Accufab Regulator etc etc

gnbrian said:
BLMs are from 90 - 120 under cruise and 114 or so at idle. I have changed O2 sensor, checked fuel return line,changed spark plugs and wires and fuel press regulator. Even changed injectors from 50's to 009. Other things have been mentioned( exhaust leak) how bad would exh leak have to be? ............. Still seems to lagging, bogging, like it is running rich, doesn't seem to burn the eyes as much though. Should I worry? I don't want to wash the cylinder walls and I want to get maximum performance.

What is your FP at (static) and are you sure your chip matches your injectors?
Can you try another MAF?
Do you have access to a scantool for some data?
Is the fuel system holding pressure?

An exhaust leak will usually result in high BLM's.
As far as the "burning eye syndrome" ....... Your CAT is working fine. :wink:

Personally, I would change the oil and try to correct the issues or you take the chance of premature bearing and ring failure.

Low BLM, smells rich, sounds to me like the chip isnt burned for the right injectors or who did it wasnt doing it correctly, or you have 2 fuel pumps running at the same time
BW

Low blm is typically bad MAF or injectors.. Triple check your fuel pressure with known good guages.. if its higher than needs be.. it will drop your BLM.

And since cruising your also having issues... bad MAF would be suspect.

Similar issue: My BLM has been running 115 at idle/128 cruise/INT= 128 cruise. No "rich" smell. FP set at 43lbs/hose off. Should I be concerned?